IGNORED

What is your favorite game that features Mario?

Tekdrudge

I like that people are doing Mainline and Sideline games. Obviously my Mainline is Super Mario Sunshine. If I was to pick a Sideline game it would be Super Mario Kart. My cousin and I were super competitive at that game and played for hours. A close second would be Mario Party. I played a Mario Party drinking game one night with some friends and got trashed. It was a lot of fun though. Still can't drink Southern Comfort to this day.

I haven't gotten to play many Mario games (trying to fix that now lol), but out of what I played, my favourite main ones are Super Mario Odyssey (I LOVE 3D platformers and really spent a lot of time exploring every nook and cranny in each kingdom) and Super Mario 64 DS (I like Mario 64 in general, but I'm specifically naming this version of it because I'm happy you can play as Yoshi XD). My favourite spin-off right now would be Mario Kart 8 on Switch (surprisingly my first Mario Kart... I've bought a few older ones recently for more racing fun :P), but I think I would really enjoy some other ones like Super Mario RPG.

On 7/2/2020 at 2:17 AM, JamesRobot said:

SMB 1, 2, or 3 depending on the day.  Honorable mentions to MTPO and Kart series.

There hasn't been a good proper Mario since World though.

Did you not like New SMB Wii or New SMB Wii U? 

12 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Not reallly.  They seem generic and formulaic to me.  I'll give the Mario Makers a nod, but I don't really like playing those much either.

I thought they were really good.  The later levels in the Wii U game I thought were really creative and well done.  I know how you feel, though. Some of the stages just seemed to lack any energy, but I just chalked it up to me being much older than when I played the originals as a kid.  When I looked at them objectively, I thought they were mostly just as good as the older games.  One of the things I like about the older games that stands out to me was that back then Nintendo wasn't trying to pamper you as much in the early game.  Some of the earlier stages in the 8bit games are just as tough as the later stages  of the newer games.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, ChickenTendas said:

Honorable mention: Mario Pinball 2: March of the Mini Pins

original.jpg

Real talk, this is close to the worst pinball machine ever in terms of actually playing it. It's one of the only games ever made without outlanes (because it's for kids) and if you're at all a pinballer you have to try to lose or you'll be playing for an hour. It looks freaking sweet though.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, The Strangest said:

Any fans of 3D Land on the 3DS? I haven’t played it in years but I remember loving that one.

I decided to open my 3DS and play this one again. I’m adding it to my list of favorite Mario games. It’s still incredibly fun.