IGNORED

Pizza (the non-political combination discussion)

Tabonga

13 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

try the girodanos that other guy talked about. im a new york pizza guy myself but my wife lived in chicago and loves that girodanos. its like a bread bowl of red sauce and mozzerella cheese.

If anyone is ever in the Cincy area, go to LaRosa's. It's the best around here. Then go to Graeter's for ice cream afterwards.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

I’m usually a supreme kind of guy.  Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, green pepper, banana pepper, and onion.  Never black olives.  Fastest way to ruin anything.

I also like Hawaiian.  As shameful as those pineapples may be they are so friggin good.  Really became attached when I was living in Germany and it was the only decent frozen pizza you could get at the store.  Those Krauts really know how to make pizza creepy.  Friggin tuna fish pizza is like Jesus to them.

Also I like a good breakfast pizza.  Sausage, mushroom, scrambled egg, cheese, sour cream,  and salsa as the sauce.

Edited by Hammerfestus

Editorials Team · Posted

Pineapple is fine. It would be a little weird to have a pizza with only pineapple on it, but if I get a combo pizza, pineapple is... fine. Mushrooms have no flavor to me so I don't fight it.

Why pineapple? Why are common pizza toppings what they are? It would be weird to put, say, broccoli and grapes on a pizza. But not bell peppers and pineapple.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If anyone is ever in the Cincy area, go to LaRosa's. It's the best around here. Then go to Graeter's for ice cream afterwards.

Never been huge on LaRosa's but it is great for larger get togethers.  Graeter's is amazing and I'm not much for ice cream.

I could eat Pizza everyday of the week. Our family go to style is thick crust with mushrooms, sausage and bacon. My wife dosent't dig on pepperoni so I always overdo the pepperoni if I'm not sharing with her. I like pineapples and anchovies too.  I think the only thing I really don't like on Pizza are olives. 

8 minutes ago, zombiemicrowave said:

Never been huge on LaRosa's but it is great for larger get togethers.  Graeter's is amazing and I'm not much for ice cream.

I could eat Pizza everyday of the week. Our family go to style is thick crust with mushrooms, sausage and bacon. My wife dosent't dig on pepperoni so I always overdo the pepperoni if I'm not sharing with her. I like pineapples and anchovies too.  I think the only thing I really don't like on Pizza are olives. 

LaRosa's is the best as far as regional chains go, but the local places are always better. I'm not much for ice cream either, but Graeter's is awesome. Honestly, I'd take Skyline over pizza if I could only pick one.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Which one grows in shit and dank-ass bathrooms?

Sound like a couple of  athletes I knew (vaguely) in college.  They were twins - couple of behemouths who played "fooball" (I kid you not -that is what they called it) who if they had a collective IQ of 90 I would have been surprised.  You did not want to go in their room since it smelled far worse than a locker room.  At  one point in time they kept a puppy in their room - they never took it out so you can imagine the result.  I did feel sorry for that little puppy.  

Edited by Tabonga

@Doctornick you need a tastebud transplant, pineapple on pizza is straight garby

”chain” pizza-

Round table is the lick. Love a king arthur supreme

[side note- wife’s Grandfather owned a butcher shop/grocery store in Menlo Park, CA that was next door to the first Round table pizza. He sold the original owner all his veggies and meat for his pizzas]

Pizza Hut stuffed crust is decent Enough to be 40$ delivered for just pepperoni (with tip!)

Toppings-

pepperoni

sausage

mushrooms

olives 

bell peppers

2 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I’m usually a supreme kind of guy.  Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushrooms, green pepper, banana pepper, and onion.  Never black olives.  Fastest way to ruin anything.

I also like Hawaiian.  As shameful as those pineapples may be they are so friggin good.  Really became attached when I was living in Germany and it was the only decent frozen pizza you could get at the store.  Those Krauts really know how to make pizza creepy.  Friggin tuna fish pizza is like Jesus to them.

Also I like a good breakfast pizza.  Sausage, mushroom, scrambled egg, cheese, sour cream,  and salsa as the sauce.

Black olives kick ass, it ain't pizza without them 😉

On another note, I really really enjoyed the curry pizza I made the other night, definitely recommend everyone here to try it 

9 hours ago, Tabonga said:

How would you know - you live in a foreign country!!!  ^_____^

It actually refers to what less civilized places (such as England, Ireland, Canada and (likely) Taiwan call "back bacon".

Asia does not do bacon correctly. You'll get a flaccid, circular looking rasher type thing instead of a nice crisp straight slice of American bacon. Living in Asia for 5 years, the only real bacon I could get was either at a legitimate Western type hotel buffet, or a Western-style restaurant that happened to have it on a burger. Even at these venues, it was still unusual.