IGNORED

Are sealed atari a good investment?

saiyok

Thirty years after the system died, you can still find sealed copies of most of the games. The only ones that might (might) be worth a little something is the very first run, the ones with the text labels. Even those aren't like must haves.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Did he really have a WATA graded Atari ET? Wtf?

That might be the only crossover appeal title that would sell to a casual sealed collector.

But yeah.   I'm not gonna watch the video but the title screen tells me all I need to know.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I may have been giving him too much credit for assuming he was the one that sent those same games into Heritage to sell.

No I'm watching his videos, I actually feel sorry for him, here's a wata unboxing he posted 

Multiple graded atari ets and assassins creed for 360 that arent even good grades, this is the last guy who should have a channel giving advice to collectors/"investors". 

Edited by saiyok

Just now, saiyok said:

No I'm watching his videos, I actually feel sorry for him, here's a wata u boxing he posted 

Multiple graded atari ets and assassins creed for 360 that arent even good grades, this is the last guy who should have a channel giving advice to collectors/"investors". 

He's advising people to invest in the exact same games he just got back from Wata. I'm guessing that's because he's selling or already sold them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a sealed guy at all so I don't really get the appeal of having it sealed, let alone graded. I prefer my personal evaluation of condition over some random shadowy company.

Maybe he's working for WATA? 🤔

Random hypothetical thought: You guys ever wonder if too many different sealed grading services ever cropped up during a grading craze or something the whole sealed market could possibly crash?

Yeaaaaa.... 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:31 PM, saiyok said:

No I'm watching his videos, I actually feel sorry for him, here's a wata unboxing he posted 

Hahahah his constant disappointment with the grades is funny to me.  "Another E.T. in..... 8.0" (sigh) *flips game back and forth* "guess they saw something I didn't".

It strikes me as a guy who really doesn't understand the grading scale or nuances with factory sealed condition.  Going by the comments, seems he is submitting some games from factory cases and just assumes "factory case = 9.6 A++"

Not sure how I missed this guy until now. This is gold. Is he active on social media? Anyone know who he is? His Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition is sweet (not sure if it’s worth $30k like he says, lol).

I enjoyed that his 5 must have Atari games are 5 games he has and then says you should own them in the same grades he owns them. How convenient!

• Like 1

Ughh, in this guy's Tyson video he says the Rev-A means it's a revision because the bullets were changed from white to orange. People making up their own definition of what Rev-A means is such a pet peeve of mine. And these are the people dumping $10,000s into this market 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I just worked up the courage to watch the video. Gross. I hope I never reach a point in my life this low.

It’s like if I just kicked the down the doors into the rubber duck collecting community and started assuring everyone that their rubber ducks were now worth thousands and only for the elite collectors and their portfolios. While knowing jack shit about rubber ducks other than some tidbits of research I did out of a thirst for profit (rather than interest).

• Haha 1