IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - QBert

BeaIank

38 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

There were magazines such as Nintendo Power that often contained maps and strategy guides,  and kids sharing tips. That was the equivalent of the internet back then.

Magazines were our internet back then. Instead of getting an instant answer from Google, you had to write to Nintendo Power and wait a month or two to get a letter back in the mail.

15 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

It's only Thursday, so I'm sure that there's still time to improve the scores. I barely get through the levels past 3-1 as well though, which is why I called this a lucky run.

I might give it another shot if I have time. The way the scores are looking, it might take 70k+ just to make the top 8.

IMG_20200704_120323.thumb.jpg.f2955130befb89bbda6b4f73ec3ca9ab.jpg

I'm a bit mad with how this run ended. I lost so many lives on 5-3. I had an opportunity to sacrifice a life the finish the level with 2 lives left, but didn't take it. 

Fun game. I'd like to get good at this game, but I don't know if I have enough time to. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted

1 minute ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Rules question

I'm currently on a run that got down to life 0. I took a picture and kept going for practice. In my playing I got an extra life bringing me back to 1 extra life. Can I play out this extra life until I get back to life 0 and count it for my submission? 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:03 AM, BeaIank said:
  • Play until Life 0.  As soon as you get to Life 0, you must stop playing the game and take your picture.  You may not play any of the game on Life 0 or your score will be disqualified

The rules are pretty clear on this, no you cannot.

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Rules question

I'm currently on a run that got down to life 0. I took a picture and kept going for practice. In my playing I got an extra life bringing me back to 1 extra life. Can I play out this extra life until I get back to life 0 and count it for my submission? 

Hell no. THE hell no.
Got life 0, take your picture and your run ENDED.
If you decided to keep practising after it, fine, but your run came to an end as soon as you hit life 0 for the first time.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, SuperJimtendo said:

@Richardhead's TV and beard is key. @Murray is playing animal crossing instead. @JamesRobot got lost in the mountains. Holy shit @SuperJimtendo is alive. 

2EA7DBBE-B40A-4AB8-BABA-FCD466DC8401.jpeg

That's Richard's place? Nice shaggy carpet extending all through the stairs! Is that a banana peel on the floor?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

@Richardhead's TV and beard is key. @Murray is playing animal crossing instead. @JamesRobot got lost in the mountains. Holy shit @SuperJimtendo is alive. 

It's good to see you're alive. We can call off that Colorado search party now. You had us all worried sick!

• Haha 1

Updated score on page 2 to something less embarrassing. Still participation territory. Seeing that top 8 will probably require 60-65k at least and the tiles no longer stay the color you want them to at 3-1, im probably calling it a week. Hope everyone is having a great fourth of July. Time to pop some bud lights and blow some stuff up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Updated score on page 2 to something less embarrassing. Still participation territory. Seeing that top 8 will probably require 60-65k at least and the tiles no longer stay the color you want them to at 3-1, im probably calling it a week. Hope everyone is having a great fourth of July. Time to pop some bud lights and blow some stuff up. 

Nice score. I think I'm in a similar position with my score and progress. There's still time to play, but I don't see myself scoring 60k. I really like this game though. It's enjoyable! If only Q*Bert had an RPG... 🤔 

• Thanks 1