IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - QBert

BeaIank

4 hours ago, ninjistar said:

skinny @42 foot tapeworm better try this week, else I'll be catching his ass on the leaderboard!

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There's a participation score this week so he kinda has to try. At least more than usual.

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Ninji is warning that participation points aint going to do it. He will find his way into the top 8 to jump the tapeworm

lol the tourny holds 8 spots right 😉

Events Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My ears are burning

Hey!

Dammit, my kids are being dropped off at the parents' house tomorrow so maybe I can make something happen.  Don't even know where my toaster is packed up.

No kids at home? Q*Bert time man, Q*Bert!

Also, that riding mower pic is all blurred, I can't even appreciate the quality of your lawn on it!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

lol the tourny holds 8 spots right 😉

I had no idea how many spots the tourney holds until doug said 12. I just meant ninji will make top 8 this week, so he will likely jump you in the standings if you only get a participation score. 

Is the 12 spots in the tourney the same this year?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I had no idea how many spots the tourney holds until doug said 12. I just meant ninji will make top 8 this week, so he will likely jump you in the standings if you only get a participation score. 

I was just going off of last year's tournament. The number of spots seem to vary each year based on participation. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

ya ya he might jump me on the leader board 🙂 but all i care about is a chip and a chair in the tourny 

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

ya ya he might jump me on the leader board 🙂 but all i care about is a chip and a chair in the tourny 

Just pull a Doug and hope someone drops out so you can skip the entire regular season en route to a championship 😄

Well, asterisked championship anyways 😏

I guess it's moot since my archives are dust

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just pull a Doug and hope someone drops out so you can skip the entire regular season en route to a championship 😄

Hey, I came back and won it for real the next year!

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

does that guy even have one legit title? i can never remember if he actually won one. 

dude. your fucking archives bro... 😞 fuuuuuuuuck. if record was still being recorded i would try more each week to pass guil for overall most points ever.

3 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

does that guy even have one legit title? i can never remember if he actually won one. 

dude. your fucking archives bro... 😞 fuuuuuuuuck. if record was still being recorded i would try more each week to pass guil for overall most points ever.

My 2015 one was legit! The archives still exist (sort of): http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview0d82.html?catid=31&threadid=168510

31 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Why can't we move that over and keep it going? Also, it doesn't show overall winners each year. Was 2018 the first tourney? And 2019 is somewhere else or didn't happen?

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why can't we move that over and keep it going? Also, it doesn't show overall winners each year. Was 2018 the first tourney? And 2019 is somewhere else or didn't happen?

I think @ninjistar was working on moving it over. I'm guessing the 2019 records are still somewhere on the old site if you can find them.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

It did show winners.  I had a table with all points, winners, and champions.

I don't have time for it anymore, but someone else is welcome to bring it back

• Thanks 1