IGNORED

NES CIB Collection. Help required

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to collecting!  I have around 50 CIB NES games in very good to excellent condition, all boxed.  They were a part of my father-in-laws retro game collection and recently came into my possession.  As I'm new to this, I'm having trouble evaluating the value of this collection as they sold eBay listings and pricechart information seems to be all over the map and I'm having trouble finding good comparisons for the quality of these boxes.  Right now I'm not sure how many, if any, I plan on selling and am more looking for advice on how to evaluate, and what games might be of the most value.  I already know that I have a 2nd edition Super Mario (gloss sticker) that is likely the most valuable of the bunch, however I do have about 20-30 other hangtab games, including 10 black box titles.  I'll attach as many photos here as I can as well as a word document with a full list of items, but I can certainly send more as requested.  Any information would be appreciated!

IMG-0250.jpg

IMG-0251.jpg

IMG-0256.jpg

IMG-0246.JPG

IMG-0245.JPG

IMG-0244.JPG

NES game list.docx

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the community. You've come to the right place if you're looking to sell.

I'd value the entire lot at about $4,000 personally. There are people here who would value it considerably higher if it were all graded though, and maybe a couple more who would value it higher as is.

If you want to sell let me know!

Much appreciated.  While grading the entire lot would probably be financially impossible, i am considering grading a few titles.  In the meantime i have an album of additional photos that i will continue to add to, and if anyone would like to see it , they can feel free to message me.

Thanks

How are you planning to sell them? $0.99 auctions with good pictures of all sides of the box/cart/manual would get you the market price almost every time. No risk of mispricing a weird variant too low that way (Ebay completed listings are choc full of listings that people should not have put BINs on). If people are looking for some rare variant, they'll find your auction and judge for themselves.

You almost might went to sell some crap to get at least a few ratings on Ebay so you don't have zero feedback. Also make the first picture of each listing all the contents laid out and show a box protector in that picture. I don't know about other people, but I'm way more likely to bid on something from an unknown seller if I know it will ship in a box with a box protector.

@DefaultGen Right now I’m researching games individually and trying to determine what i have.  People have begun to make offers on the entire lot (with the exception of Mario which I’m not seeking to sell at this time) which has been tempting.  I actually do have a 100% rating on eBay.. I’m not new to selling in general, just new to retro games.  My plan was to figure everything out then use a combo of eBay and marketplace/forums.  You make a good point about plastic cases and I’ve already begun encasing them all

On 6/28/2020 at 6:12 PM, mbl1116 said:

@DefaultGen Right now I’m researching games individually and trying to determine what i have.  People have begun to make offers on the entire lot (with the exception of Mario which I’m not seeking to sell at this time) which has been tempting.  I actually do have a 100% rating on eBay.. I’m not new to selling in general, just new to retro games.  My plan was to figure everything out then use a combo of eBay and marketplace/forums.  You make a good point about plastic cases and I’ve already begun encasing them all

Those are some great games! Good luck with the sales! I can't blame you for wanting to hold onto the SMB, that's one of the better looking gloss seals that I've seen.