IGNORED

NES CIB Collection

mbl1116

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to collecting!  I have around 50 CIB NES games in very good to excellent condition, all boxed.  They were a part of my father-in-laws retro game collection and recently came into my possession.  As I'm new to this, I'm having trouble evaluating the value of this collection as they sold eBay listings and pricechart information seems to be all over the map and I'm having trouble finding good comparisons for the quality of these boxes.  Right now I'm not sure how many, if any, I plan on selling and am more looking for advice on how to evaluate, and what games might be of the most value.  I already know that I have a 2nd edition Super Mario (gloss sticker) that is likely the most valuable of the bunch, however I do have about 20-30 other hangtab games, including 10 black box titles.  I'll attach as many photos here as I can as well as a word document with a full list of items, but I can certainly send more as requested.  Any information would be appreciated!

IMG-0250.jpg

IMG-0251.jpg

IMG-0256.jpg

IMG-0246.JPG

IMG-0245.JPG

IMG-0244.JPG

NES game list.docx

Nice lot. You've already identified the hangtabs which all have a good amount of demand, value varies on condition. The two other major variations you should check are Super Mario Bros 3 (if "Bros" is oriented to the left it is worth more) and Mike Tyson (if bullets are white it is worth more).

If anything for sale let us know, I wouldn't mind grabbing some myself.

1 hour ago, Edgarmcfly said:

Repro boxes....

Edit: Ok, Seriously some boxes looks very strange, the cardboard are very rough and some seems reproductions to me.

We have yet to see any hangtab repros pop up. It's probably just a matter of time considering how the values keep increasing, but we're not there yet.

@mbl1116: Great looking collection. As @jonebone already mentioned, the black box games (particularly SMB) and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! are your high value items. The rest are common to uncommon and don't fetch a huge amount, but can be quite valuable if the boxes are all in excellent condition. 

2 hours ago, Edgarmcfly said:

Repro boxes....

Edit: Ok, Seriously some boxes looks very strange, the cardboard are very rough and some seems reproductions to me.

Nothing repro here, they’ve been boxed away for about 15 years, i just recently came into possession when my mother-in-law had to move and needed space

10 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

We have yet to see any hangtab repros pop up. It's probably just a matter of time considering how the values keep increasing, but we're not there yet.

@mbl1116: Great looking collection. As @jonebone already mentioned, the black box games (particularly SMB) and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! are your high value items. The rest are common to uncommon and don't fetch a huge amount, but can be quite valuable if the boxes are all in excellent condition. 

Punch out is not a 5 screw or the While bullet variant that I’ve heard much about.  It is in amazing condition and looks to have only been opened a few times

236EA243-BA2D-44F9-BF2A-59BC138DC1B6.jpeg

575C2342-2FDF-4686-9241-F12988B0DD26.jpeg

3A9A3897-8770-4DE4-AF4C-3CFEDEF3F31F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, mbl1116 said:

Punch out is not a 5 screw or the While bullet variant that I’ve heard much about.  It is in amazing condition and looks to have only been opened a few times

236EA243-BA2D-44F9-BF2A-59BC138DC1B6.jpeg

575C2342-2FDF-4686-9241-F12988B0DD26.jpeg

3A9A3897-8770-4DE4-AF4C-3CFEDEF3F31F.jpeg

Even though it's a somewhat common game, it's a hot item right now. Yours is an early print version, has the letter, and is in very good condition. I'd expect it to go $200-400. That being said, there is a lot of volatility since a ton of copies have sold in the last 6 months.

You may have more luck posting in the for sale for offer section with lots of pictures you wish to sell. You can always use for offer if you’d like to get a field of requests. Some things will go pretty quick and other will not. You can always resort to eBay for all other things. We have a user feedback thread as well so you can make sure your buyers are legit. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I still have the entire collection.  Have been distracted with work starting up again, etc.  I’m not in a rush to move anything but i will post again on this site once i ramp back up.

Currently fielding offers for the lot (minus Mario).  If that doesn’t work out I’ll start to break up individually.