IGNORED

The Wii U isn't dead! Shakedown Hawaii coming soon (Wii in Europe)

Will this be the biggest time gap between console releases ever (besides like homebrew)? It's been over a year since Axiom Verge shipped, although the last game you could actually buy was Just Dance 2019 in 2018. Well over a year in either case. I'm not sure whether Axiom Verge's preorder or first shipping date counts. Good luck with that kind of thing modern game historians.

9 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I love that a new Wii game is coming out and the headline is Wii U isn't dead, because of course a new Wii game is coming out. But wow, this is sweet. Not Just Dance!

lol the Wii release is in Europe....... not a region I collect for AND Just Dance 2020 came to the Wii therefore it had a more recent NA release 🙂

Remember when just dance 2018 was "the final Wii game ever! A true rarity!" And then they one upped that with just dance 2019 and 2020.

Well move on over just dance! It's time to shakedown Hawaii Wii style.

Seriously though, why??? 

Screenshot_20200626-122228~2.png

Edited by Makar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just got an email notification from Vblank and came to see if it was mentioned here yet. I have to believe that Vblank consists of some people who are the "because I can type" so they will do something like release a game for a long dead system just to say they did it. I love those kind of people!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I love that a new Wii game is coming out and the headline is Wii U isn't dead, because of course a new Wii game is coming out. But wow, this is sweet. Not Just Dance!

Barring homebrews? Has to be either NES, PS2 or Master System

Sega Master System

First Game(s) released were Hang-On, and Teddy Boy in Japan on October 20, 1985
Last Game(s) released were Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, and Mickey's Ultimate Challenge in Brazil on December 1998.

PS2 first games were released in March 4, 2000.....the Brazilian PS2 wasn't even launched until 2009. And Pro Evolution Soccer '14 was released in November 8, 2013.

For NES the first games were on July 15, 1983 and the last licensed game was Wario's Woods European release in 1995.........but who knows when the Samurai or Playtronic launched.

7 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Sega Master System

Last Game(s) released were Legend of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, and Mickey's Ultimate Challenge in Brazil on December 1998.

PS2 first games were released in March 4, 2000.....the Brazilian PS2 wasn't even launched until 2009. And Pro Evolution Soccer '14 was released in November 8, 2013.

For NES the first games were on July 15, 1983 and the last licensed game was Wario's Woods European release in 1995.........but who knows when the Samurai or Playtronic launched.

I meant biggest gap between two sequential releases on a console (barring weird aftermarket stuff). Over a year of dead air on the Wii U! So many late releases are yearly sports games trickling out one FIFA at a time until they finally die.

Edited by DefaultGen

3 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I meant biggest gap between the final two releases of a console (barring weird aftermarket stuff). Over a year of dead air on the Wii U! So many late releases are yearly sports games trickling out one FIFA at a time until they finally die.

Ah, then if you count SNES Classic Edition as part of the SNES then the title easily goes to Star Fox 2, and Metal Slader Glory: Director's Cut. November 29, 2000 then October 5, 2017!

But counting the SNES Classic Edition would be like counting virtual console games as part of their respective libraries.

25 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Ah, then if you count SNES Classic Edition as part of the SNES then the title easily goes to Star Fox 2, and Metal Slader Glory: Director's Cut. November 29, 2000 then October 5, 2017!

But counting the SNES Classic Edition would be like counting virtual console games as part of their respective libraries.

Star Fox 2 counts for the set! Your sets are all incomplete! I vaguely remember this thread from Nin****oAge.

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Will this be the biggest time gap between console releases ever (besides like homebrew)? It's been over a year since Axiom Verge shipped, although the last game you could actually buy was Just Dance 2019 in 2018. Well over a year in either case. I'm not sure whether Axiom Verge's preorder or first shipping date counts. Good luck with that kind of thing modern game historians.

Limited Run did Monkey Island on sega cd. It’s not officially licensed by Sega, but I bet if they waved some money at Sega it could be..

I love this kind of stuff. Late releases are fascinating to me. Its wild knowing that Nintendo still has the setup to manufacture discs for the Wii and Wii U which are completely obsolete. I'm interested in the logistics of this. 

Seeing that official Wii and Wii U branding in 2020 is so cool. I can't imagine anything coming to Wii U after this.

3 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

I love this kind of stuff. Late releases are fascinating to me. Its wild knowing that Nintendo still has the setup to manufacture discs for the Wii and Wii U which are completely obsolete. I'm interested in the logistics of this. 

Seeing that official Wii and Wii U branding in 2020 is so cool. I can't imagine anything coming to Wii U after this.

I believe Limited Run Games as a release or two on the Wii U still to come. 
I know they have 3DS release coming for sure. 

Edited by Mr. CIB

10 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Sega Master System

Samurai launched in 1987 and ended in 1992 or something like that.

Love the Wii U getting a new physical game that isn't a throwaway (*ahem* Just Dance). I'd be fine if they wanted to bring over some games from other regions, make physical copies of digital-only games, etc. Just make enough or allow an open preorder so that someone who isn't madly refreshing at XX:XX on the dot with their credit card already inputted can buy them!