Posted (edited)

Update: Told the seller about my hesitation. He offered to drop price $100. I was suppose to go check it out, but he never  got back to me. A couple days later he marked it as sold. I reached out to see if he actually sold it and he said he sold it for his asking. I'm not sure if this was the actually the case (he did delete this listing once a few months ago).

Edited by Clutchcards

I ask because I don’t think you did bad then but if you’re looking to resell you overpaid 

I mean, if you already agreed to the deal then you should follow through regardless.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Count said:

I mean, if you already agreed to the deal then you should follow through regardless.

Yeah, use this as a learning experience. Renegging would probably hurt you in the long run if you do a lot of trades/buys in your area.

I dont think you'll  lose money on the deal, but it's a lot of work without a ton of upside.

Looking at the games it seems they probably priced every one of them out, even the ones you'll never actually get sold. This would be a solid deal at 700 or so maybe. And even then a fair bit of leg work and waiting, as well as a number of games you simply will never sell, just taking up space. 

Just now, Gloves said:

Looking at the games it seems they probably priced every one of them out, even the ones you'll never actually get sold. This would be a solid deal at 700 or so maybe. And even then a fair bit of leg work and waiting, as well as a number of games you simply will never sell, just taking up space. 

He at least has consoles to bundle up all the garbage

Just now, Gloves said:

Very yellow consoles, yes, lol. 

Maybe the games will look more valuable by comparison haha 👌

If you already agreed to buy it then you have no choice. Otherwise I'm going to add you to my list of people I will never bother doing a deal with.

4 hours ago, The Count said:

Yep, this one hundred percent. A solid reputation as a person that can be trusted to follow through with an agreed upon deal, is far more important than losing a little money on an attempted resell. Just use it as a learning experience.

I wouldn't pay anywhere near $900 for this even if I wanted to keep all of it for myself. The value isn't there and the stuff is beat up, dirty and overall gross.

This is exactly why game prices keep going up.