Sign in to follow this  
The Strangest

I just can’t get with the outrage culture of modern gaming

19 minutes ago, Tekdrudge said:

Also, related to the last post. What happens to all of your digital games you bought when the online store is finally shut down. People tend to forget that Nintendo shut down the Wii store, and if you didn't download all of the games you purchased they were lost forever. This is why I do not do digital games. Food for thought.

It is an issue for a lot of people.  I mod my consoles once they become last gen.  Doing so allows you to backup saves and games.  My steam library is backed up on 2 hard drives to avoid data caps and server issues.  Admittedly these are not action most want to take in order to keep their games.  I'm just glad there are options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

It is an issue for a lot of people.  I mod my consoles once they become last gen.  Doing so allows you to backup saves and games.  My steam library is backed up on 2 hard drives to avoid data caps and server issues.  Admittedly these are not action most want to take in order to keep their games.  I'm just glad there are options.

Just an FYI, I started a new thread talking specifically about the loss of digital games. Trying to prevent this thread from going off topic.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

Wasn't Spyro one of the switch titles where the first game was on the cart and the rest was all download?

I believe all three games were included with physical copies, but only the first few levels could be played in each without downloading the update. I think this is the only physical game in my entire video game collection that doesn't include the full game.

Edited by MegaMan52