IGNORED

I just can’t get with the outrage culture of modern gaming

Strange

Just now, Makar said:

Lol dang why that cutoff? There's plenty of good stuff post 2009

The PS3 and Wii were the last current gen consoles that I owned. I mostly used the Wii for the Virtual Console and the PS3 for NCAA Football. After that I pretty much went back to exclusively playing NES/SNES games.

I don't get with the outrage culture either, and I get a bit of it to a degree as you do have a right to get pissed when there's good reason.  But in the end, it's only was for awhile the end game, and now it's just the way point between normal behavior and the new cancel culture bs going on and perhaps that is where it's heading in games too?  Right now you rage you whine, tear down, bitch about whatever.  When they feel they're being ignored just like outrage people were getting, they'll up the game against games too.  It's probably only a matter of time before the right group of social media terrorists will start playing the same deck of cards ripping on race, gender(like TLoU2 is getting now), whatever and demand studios, consumers, publishers, whatever get held accountable.  I'd say be far more afraid of that, if you start seeing people cluster at media outlets and game developers offices and go all in.  I'm curious and perhaps concerned wondering now that I just thought this up reading the other posts, how far this crap could ultimately go?

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The PS3 and Wii were the last current gen consoles that I owned. I mostly used the Wii for the Virtual Console and the PS3 for NCAA Football. After that I pretty much went back to exclusively playing NES/SNES games.

Gotcha. There's a good bit of SNES games you can play on a New 3DS. Ever look into NES remix? Or retro game challenge on the DS?

1 minute ago, Makar said:

Gotcha. There's a good bit of SNES games you can play on a New 3DS. Ever look into NES remix? Or retro game challenge on the DS?

I remember playing NES Remix years ago. The challenges were fun. I've just got about 1500+ NES, SNES and Game Boy games on various Everdrives to keep me busy so I really don't keep up on modern games enough to even know what's out there.

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I remember playing NES Remix years ago. The challenges were fun. I've just got about 1500+ NES, SNES and Game Boy games on various Everdrives to keep me busy so I really don't keep up on modern games enough to even know what's out there.

That's quite the backlog lol. Well if you ever do want to dive into post 2009 games, hit me up. I have a lot of DS and 3DS games I can recommend. And some switch games too.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Will do. Maybe I'll pick up a 3DS someday and give them a try.

That's the way to go since it's backwards compatible with the DS, and if you get a New 3DS you'll be able to play all the eShop games. Some of them you can't play on a normal 3DS or 2DS.

With a global pandemic, economic uncertainty, and civil unrest going on in real life, lot of us are looking to gaming as an escape.

Only to discover the conversation and communities that surround our hobby are pretty toxic.  Maybe it has always been this way, but I think the current climate has magnified the issue.

Edited by fox

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

This has nothing to do with OP.  Doug just wanted to remind us of what a frumpy old fart he is 😆

I honestly did mean to circle back to that. Sometimes us old people get distracted and forget where we were going. 😂 Part of the reason that I don't have any real interest in modern games is the culture. Any time there's a build up for a new release that seems somewhat interesting, when the game finally comes out it seems like the majority of the reviews are either saying what a letdown it was or how terrible it is. It's tough to get excited about a new game when you know it's going to be met with heavy disappointment by a large group of people, even if it's actually good.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted

Don't let other people's potential disappointment and ire, dissuade you from something YOU have an interest in.  I mean, as long as you like something, does it really matter whether there is public distaste for it or whether such-and-such gaming-review site gives it a 6/10?  

I'll sometimes read reviews or check out other people's thoughts on games, but ultimately, I"ll make the decision for myself.  As long as I'm enjoying the game, I don't really care if other people hate it or complain about it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Honestly the Twitter bitching and whatever doesn't get me so much as Youtube recommending these embarrassing manchildren who have made it their career to outrageously knee-jerk overreact to everything and make funny faces for thumbnails.

spacer.png

That’s another issue. These dudes have made a career out of selling outrage because that’s how the YouTube algorithm boosts them to the top.

I mean...

image.jpeg.c675bd72ded35c484fcc3e751d19140e.jpeg

This has got to be the worst and the saddest thumbnail and title combo I’ve ever seen.

You can check this guy’s or any of the other listed YouTuber’s channel. It’s majority rants. What’s the point?

Edited by The Strangest

Could not agree more with those youtube twat waffles.  Lately I've been shifting my watching on that away from gaming outside of Jeremy Parish and little else towards recently astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on his star talk, or when he guest pops up in other events as it's incredible.  Also other stuff like old WW2 history stuff this professionl brit does (look up mark felton productions), the amusing stuff from like that Hot Ones 30min talk while eating spicier wings, some star trek(all shows clips random,) steve1989mreinfo who will even eat like 100yr old rations and open them to museum catalog the stuff, and random other stuff that's oddly well produced and has some actual value to it.  I want to read into raging manchildren I can just look at the dumbasses that both fox and cnn will cover (or pull up the wrong comment trail on facebook which isn't hard.)

I regularly tell YouTube I am not interested in RGT85, Spawnwave, etc and they never listed.  I don't like the daily news/ drama channels. I watch some computer and tech news, small video game channels, and history stuff. Keep the rest away.  If anyone knows how to get YouTube's not in nyereted and do not show this channel to work let me know.  I may just switch to newpipe in the meantime.

I miss years ago when small YouTubers were making fun reviews and doing collaborations. Now everyone seems to treat it like they want to make a career out if it. Few enjoy it as a hobby.

Edited by zeppelin03

21 hours ago, The Strangest said:

That’s another issue. These dudes have made a career out of selling outrage because that’s how the YouTube algorithm boosts them to the top.

I mean...

image.jpeg.c675bd72ded35c484fcc3e751d19140e.jpeg

This has got to be the worst and the saddest thumbnail and title combo I’ve ever seen.

You can check this guy’s or any of the other listed YouTuber’s channel. It’s majority rants. What’s the point?

This guy looks like the last vagina he touched was his mom's when slid out of it 37 years ago. 

• Haha 1

I see it everywhere now.  Not just with video games.  It's almost like people are afraid to say that something looks great, because they feel they will look stupid once someone points out some kind of flaw.  In addition, the person pointing out the flaw feels some sort of superiority for finding such a flaw.  

I can't think of a better example then the release of the appearance of the PS5.  

• Like 2