IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Contra Force

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Good afternoon gents and ladies!
Welcome to another iteration of our beloved Weekly Contest!

For this week, we have a game that was only tackled once in the long contest history, CONTRA FORCE!
Our players will abide to the following rules when moping the opposition away with heavy fire!

• 1 life only
  • 1 player only
  • play as Burns
  • Using the other characters for CPU controlled cover fire is allowed
  • Use of the jumping exploit is forbidden
  • No point racking allowed
  • If you beat the game, get ready to take your picture quickly as you only got limited time to do it and you won't have the chance to take a picture of your score after that!!!

May the most trigger happy one win!

The contest ends Sunday, 06/28/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 88,240
2nd Jeevan 81,480
3rd Richardhead 78,450
4th Gaia Gensouki 78,050
5th Kid Dracula 62,420
6th NESfiend 53,610
7th Bearcat-Doug 52,790
8th ninjistar 36,850
9th mbd39 19,670
10th 0xDEAFC0DE 19,390
11th Ausden 17,170
12th JamesRobot 6,760
13th MeganJoanne 3,560
14th Tablew/chair 1,940
15th skinnygrinny 1,900

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Maybe it's just loosely based on Contra. 

My understanding is it was its own game entirely and was released under a different name in Japan. When they went to release it in the US, they slapped the contra name on it because of contra's popularity. It wasn't made to be a third contra though. 

Edited by NESfiend

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

My understanding is it was its own game entirely and was released under a different name in Japan. When they went to release it in the US, they slapped the contra name on it because contra's popularity. It wasn't made to be a third contra though. 

It's basically like the Contra version of Doki Doki Panic.

49 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's basically like the Contra version of Doki Doki Panic.

Except I can find good things to say about Doki Doki Panic. 😛

Contra Force has some good ideas, and I don't fault a series from shaking up the old formula here and there, but the technical execution of this particular game is severely lacking.