IGNORED

Tech support section

a3quit4s

23 minutes ago, ChickenTendas4PokeyEater said:

I like the idea, but I think what you listed above should be broken up. Hardmodding and repair deserve their own threads/categories. Maybe also add a "Where can I find?" section? Maybe someone needs to find a guide on softmodding a DS or needs a link to an SNES flashcart or something along those lines.

I wouldn't mind them all in one or two subforums myself. I've been on forums that segment too much and most of them become dead. Everything seems to get thrown into the general catgeories instead.

Modder listings and guides could turn into stickies or wikis of sorts.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, zeppelin03 said:

Modder listings and guides could turn into stickies or wikis of sorts.

Yes! I have created repair guides for several of the NEC systems, and would be happy to do so for other retro systems if we had a place to put them 😀. I'd love it if we had a Tech Support forum here!

Back when the www.pcenginefx.com forums were still live (they are read only now), I made what I believe were the first repair guides on that site that we then used as the template for later guides. We turned them into stickies and it worked really well for the community. Here's the page with all the (read only now) guides.

Let me know if this gets created as I could offer quite a stack of resources to everyone! I have many guides already made, could make more, and have done repairs and customizations on practically every system from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. I'm no expert, but I'd love to share what knowledge I have.

Edited by Platinumfungi
  • Like 1