IGNORED

Majora’s Mask

Foochie776

14 hours ago, Splain said:

Also, in other Zelda games I do dumb stuff like preserve my arrows and bombs in case I ever need them, and end up using absolutely no arrows or bombs unless they're part of solving a puzzle. In Majora, hey, they're all going away anyway, if you get them then use them! So it really felt unique in that way.

Also it has a part where you have to fight off aliens before they abduct a bunch of cows, what other Zelda game lets you do that? Hmmm?

The aliens were one of the coolest things to come across back in the day. Like "Holy Crap! Dude there's aliens!" and no one would believe you because it sounded like any other made up video game rumor.

2 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The aliens were one of the coolest things to come across back in the day. Like "Holy Crap! Dude there's aliens!" and no one would believe you because it sounded like any other made up video game rumor.

That's my favorite part of the game! It's perfectly creepy and challenging. MM is packed with little gems like that. I also love the hand that reaches out of the toilet, lol.

The start of the main campaign is brutally slow (town/first dungeon), especially if you've never played it before, and there are some empty fetch quests but overall it has enough to offer that it's definitely worth playing through even if some of it is a tedious grind. It has some of my favourite dungeons.

I remember having a hard time getting into it the first play through of it when it first came out being a huge fan of OOT. I did get though it but was kind of meh.

I played it again years later when I was older and it was at a tougher time in my childhood. For some reason it really resonated with me and I played it as objectively as I could, getting the idea of it being an OOT "sequel" out of my head, and looked at it as it's own game. Been a favourite of mine ever since. 

I bought it on release day and was super excited to play it. Then sorely disappointed at the monotony of the game, and haven't picked it up since. I'm the only person I know personally that played it and didn't like it at all. The irony is the Zelda franchise is my favorite Nintendo franchise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tekdrudge said:

I bought it on release day and was super excited to play it. Then sorely disappointed at the monotony of the game, and haven't picked it up since. I'm the only person I know personally that played it and didn't like it at all. The irony is the Zelda franchise is my favorite Nintendo franchise.

I take it you mean know in real life.  I can't stand the game either for the same reasons plus the others I made in that post earlier in the thread when this popped up.   I think it's a dumpster fire and only that cool looking creeper moon and skull kid with his mask are about the only redeeming value.  Story works, as a pocket manga, but that's it.

I will follow up my old post after finishing it.  The game is definitely worth a playthrough. Don't expect traditional Zelda though.  Roam around, solve as many puzzles as you can, learn about the lives of the residents. 

Nintendo made a really unique world with detail in the residents you don't see often.  Even now it's just npc standing by object. Maybe walk to a bed.  They don't have a fleshed out narrative of their own.  This is a truly unique experience that is worth the frustration I experienced at times.