IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

On 7/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, Magus said:

@Plisse @a3quit4s @Gloves @doner24 and whoever else was having the issue. 

Can you check your collections in the collection tracker and let me know if you are still getting the AJAX error? or any other errors?

We are hoping we found the issue, and can't trigger it on our end at the moment. But we want to be sure. 

Thank you

As of yesterday July 12 the AJAX error has gone away, so whatever changes they made, it worked for now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

@Magus

FYI it looks like the "beta" has become the full site and... a few minor bugs.

Clicking "All" in the Platforms nav dropdown just takes you back to the homepage, rendering all console inaccessible aside from the ones listed (the "top" consoles):

image.png

You can scroll down on the main page to see the rest of the consoles but this is far from ideal; it's only accessible from the main page, and any buttons in the nav SHOULD have some actual function to them, even if just scrolling down the page.

Further, and equally or more importantly, search is completely non-functional for some games, despite them existing in the database (as evidenced by being in the autocomplete on the form):

image.png

• Like 1

@Gloves Thanks, i will send these along. I agree the ALL button should have a function, this must have been overlooked. 

As for the search function, there is definitely an error there for Kuon. We'll check out Kuon and see if there is an issue that could also affect other titles. If you see any others and don't mind posting them here, please do. If we have a few titles doing this if they exist, it will help narrow down why. 

Thanks again, 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Magus said:

@Gloves Thanks, i will send these along. I agree the ALL button should have a function, this must have been overlooked. 

As for the search function, there is definitely an error there for Kuon. We'll check out Kuon and see if there is an issue that could also affect other titles. If you see any others and don't mind posting them here, please do. If we have a few titles doing this if they exist, it will help narrow down why. 

Thanks again, 

Searching for just the word "combat" is also returning nothing at all. Could be something to do with short search terms, or perhaps "partial matches" not working.

Searching "Jak" works fine it seems. Searching "Daxter" returns nothing.

16 hours ago, Gloves said:

Searching for just the word "combat" is also returning nothing at all. Could be something to do with short search terms, or perhaps "partial matches" not working.

Searching "Jak" works fine it seems. Searching "Daxter" returns nothing.

Thanks, these were both fixed. The search function and the ALL under platforms. 

Thanks again for sending this our way. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check in and see how GVN was functioning for everyone? Are there any issues you have noticed? Are the load times quicker @SilverspoonGaming? Collection tracker working 100%? 

We have addressed most of the major issues at this point, but are hoping to further fine-tune and get the site perfect. I have a list of minor issues you guys have posted here that will be addressed soon. 

Also when you guys see any database entries that have any bad sales data, when you report them by hitting the flag button, they are going to come right to me! So i can address them Asap. 

Thanks, 

Edited by Magus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
48 minutes ago, Speedy_NES said:

FYI, there are still several (higher end) NES titles with $0 CIB prices (since somewhere in July I believe). Bubble Bath Babes, Cheetahmen II, DK Jr Math, Chubby Cherub, etc.

Sometimes they are listed as other things too like 5 screw. See attached 

1D2A1226-8955-4BFF-A396-46A69DD8F153.png

1 hour ago, Speedy_NES said:

FYI, there are still several (higher end) NES titles with $0 CIB prices (since somewhere in July I believe). Bubble Bath Babes, Cheetahmen II, DK Jr Math, Chubby Cherub, etc.

Thanks, i will look into all of these. Obvious issues with all of them. 

On 8/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, Startyde said:

Sweetness. Magus what is the official protocol / stance on adding new and older games. There are still PS3 games In looking to add. I added them manually a while ago but they don't seem to sync with any price tracking. 

So essentially we are hoping to have some kind of feature in place by the end of the year that includes a lot more user interaction for adding missing games. We have not fully worked out the details yet though, but that is on the table right now to have sorted out by the end of the year. 

The hope is to really tighten and fine-tune sales data as well as expand the amount of games and variants in the database. As well as give me more access and tools to freely clean up the site as needed when you guys report stuff here. 

The issue mentioned above with the $0 CIB prices is being worked on as we speak as well. There was a bug, so thank you @Speedy_NES and @doner24 for bringing this up. 

Edited by Magus
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why it took so long for me to get on it, but I finally signed up and logged my collection his afternoon and was wondering if there was a line graph to see the changes in my collection value over time. Also I'm getting a value of $0 for Rodea: The Sky Soldier for Wii.

@Magus There is a glitched title for Friday the 13th for Switch when viewing through the collection tool. I don't know if it really affects anything, but it might for searching purposes. It Looks like this 

Friday the 13th: The Game â?? Ultimate Slasher Edition

Edit: Looks like there are other titles with the same thing going on

GRIP: Combat Racing â?? AirBlades vs. Rollers Ultimate Edition

Ice Age: Scratâ??s Nutty Adventure

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

On 8/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

@Magus There is a glitched title for Friday the 13th for Switch when viewing through the collection tool. I don't know if it really affects anything, but it might for searching purposes. It Looks like this 

Friday the 13th: The Game â?? Ultimate Slasher Edition

Edit: Looks like there are other titles with the same thing going on

GRIP: Combat Racing â?? AirBlades vs. Rollers Ultimate Edition

Ice Age: Scratâ??s Nutty Adventure

Thank you sir, i just fixed all of these. 

Edited by Magus

You guys run reports for these things?  Believe it or not, I seem to find a lot that aren't updated, but I reported SOTN because that seemed like a really, really common game people would want to look up.

If the back end devs have time, I'd run some metrics to see frequency of sales and then compare that to the last known posted sale in the database.  If a game sells about one a week, but no sales have posted for 2 months, I'd take a look at it.  I feel like 10-15% of the games I look up appear to be lagging.  But, to be fair, some times the numbers are correct for a specific section.  For instance, the New sales might be up to date, but the CIB data is stale by months.

Something I've noticed, as a Canadian, is that when using Canadian currency, the values are completely broken on some games.  Using Top Angler as an example, it averages at $72 USD for a CIB copy of it, but when switching to CDN values, it jumps to $144.55.   As poor as the canadian dollar may be compared to US, it's not at 0.5 yet thankfully.  I don't know if this affects other currencies as well, but the conversion definitely seems to be off.

EDIT: Just checked australian dollar as well.  Converting what it says the AUS value would be returns $139 USD.  Definitely no where close to the $72 that the US setting gives.  Likely affects all currencies that aren't USD.

EDIT 2: Just checked a random batman game, Batman & Robin on PS1.  $28 USD for a CIB, $56 CAD.  Basically double.  I think this is affecting everything, and is probably why a lot of people in the Canadian FB groups think GVN is so broken still and refuse to use it.  @Magus

Edited by Homeboyks

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Homeboyks said:

Something I've noticed, as a Canadian, is that when using Canadian currency, the values are completely broken on some games.  Using Top Angler as an example, it averages at $72 USD for a CIB copy of it, but when switching to CDN values, it jumps to $144.55.   As poor as the canadian dollar may be compared to US, it's not at 0.5 yet thankfully.  I don't know if this affects other currencies as well, but the conversion definitely seems to be off.

Same.

Probably related to the issues I stated above, the historical price of a specific listing is completely broken in the other direction.  In USD, the number shows  correctly between the listing on GVN and the listing on ebay, but when viewed in another currency, it shows a completely different value that doesn't make any sense.  Pictures attached for Batman & Robin for PS1.  23.99 USD, $16 something Canadian, which would be closer to 13 USD when converted.

2.png

3.PNG

1.png

3 hours ago, RH said:

You guys run reports for these things?  Believe it or not, I seem to find a lot that aren't updated, but I reported SOTN because that seemed like a really, really common game people would want to look up.

If the back end devs have time, I'd run some metrics to see frequency of sales and then compare that to the last known posted sale in the database.  If a game sells about one a week, but no sales have posted for 2 months, I'd take a look at it.  I feel like 10-15% of the games I look up appear to be lagging.  But, to be fair, some times the numbers are correct for a specific section.  For instance, the New sales might be up to date, but the CIB data is stale by months.

I am not sure how the dev does it, but i will forward it his way to try and figure out a way to clamp down on these. 

1 hour ago, Homeboyks said:

EDIT: Just checked australian dollar as well.  Converting what it says the AUS value would be returns $139 USD.  Definitely no where close to the $72 that the US setting gives.  Likely affects all currencies that aren't USD.

EDIT 2: Just checked a random batman game, Batman & Robin on PS1.  $28 USD for a CIB, $56 CAD.  Basically double.  I think this is affecting everything, and is probably why a lot of people in the Canadian FB groups think GVN is so broken still and refuse to use it.  @Magus

Hmm, let me forward this as well. I will get back as soon as i hear back from the dev and a solution. Thanks for the heads up.