IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

Administrator · Posted
On 6/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, twiztor said:

i did not know there were two builds on the same disc. That does tell a different story.  Thank you for linking that interview.

I still feel it should be included in the OG XBOX game category, for that reason and the case marking it as such. Having it in both libraries seems like a happy compromise. Also interested in what other members/collectors have to say.

If it helps, I believe Burger King at the time was really pouring it on in advertising as a 360 title.

@Plisse @a3quit4s @Gloves @doner24 and whoever else was having the issue. 

Can you check your collections in the collection tracker and let me know if you are still getting the AJAX error? or any other errors?

We are hoping we found the issue, and can't trigger it on our end at the moment. But we want to be sure. 

Thank you

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Magus said:

Can you check your collections in the collection tracker and let me know if you are still getting the AJAX error? or any other errors?

We are hoping we found the issue, and can't trigger it on our end at the moment. But we want to be sure. 

Thank you

Eveything looks good on my end @Magus! Thank you for fixing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calan87 said:

Eveything looks good on my end @Magus! Thank you for fixing!

That's good to hear. I hope it stays that way, and nobody else has issues.

Sorry again it took as long as it did. Please let me know if you guys have any other issues. I am gonna wait a while to confirm others before i add this to the list of issues that have been fixed just in case. 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Everything collection wise working for me.  It was pretty slow to get to the collection from the sign in page tho.

Hmm can you sign out and back in and see if it does it again. I just signed in and it was just about instant. But my collection is tiny. 

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, Magus said:

Thank you

Everything was working great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magus said:

Thank you

It works!!!! Thank you!!! No more ajax error, and the site runs smoothly. Super impressed. My concern was taken seriously (along with others) and something was done, and done quickly. That shows that everyone working behind the scenes value their users and are willing to make changes to keep us happy. Well, I'm extremely happy. I finally get to use my favorite site once again. Thank you! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plisse said:

It works!!!! Thank you!!! No more ajax error, and the site runs smoothly. Super impressed. My concern was taken seriously (along with others) and something was done, and done quickly. That shows that everyone working behind the scenes value their users and are willing to make changes to keep us happy. Well, I'm extremely happy. I finally get to use my favorite site once again. Thank you! 

Thank you, again i am sorry to all of you that it took as long as it did. 

We know there are more ideal ways of rolling this new site out and transitioning from the old, but in our situation because of certain obstacles we don't have that option. The hope is we are close to the finish line now and no more issues pop up, or if they do, they are easy fixes and we can put all of this behind us and get the site 110%. 

Thanks again for being patient and sticking with us, and thanks to anyone who has been reporting bugs and helping to get these issues fixed. 

• Like 2

Also just wanted to also say that any issues with specific games like Flower sun and rain, and Madden 2004, will be handled like i said once things are back at full speed.

I have a running list of all games mentioned in this thread, others, and other avenues to go back and fix. Hopefully that list will stay small. 

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Tried again and after I hit the login button it sits on that screen for about 30 secs before taking me to my collection.

Might be something on your end, instant for me and a big collection. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Tried again and after I hit the login button it sits on that screen for about 30 secs before taking me to my collection.

9 hours ago, doner24 said:

Might be something on your end, instant for me and a big collection. 

Yeah so far it seems to be speedy for everyone else. 

Can you maybe try clearing your cache or doing a hard refresh? And which browser are you using? 

Edited by Magus

46 minutes ago, Magus said:

Can you maybe try clearing your cache or doing a hard refresh? And which browser are you using? 

I noticed something. 

If I have a the cart of a game checked off and it has a price listed, say$20. I then click the box to add a manual, the price adjusts. Then I uncheck the manual, the price adjusts again but not back to the original $20, but something else like $18.75. Which price is correct the initial $20 or the new $18.75?

Edit: This only seems to happen if I add and then remove the manual, not if the manual was already checked and then I remove it. It also works both ways as in it can adjust the price up or down, Is it just updating that game right then?

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I noticed something. 

If I have a the cart of a game checked off and it has a price listed, say$20. I then click the box to add a manual, the price adjusts. Then I uncheck the manual, the price adjusts again but not back to the original $20, but something else like $18.75. Which price is correct the initial $20 or the new $18.75?

Edit: This only seems to happen if I add and then remove the manual, not if the manual was already checked and then I remove it. It also works both ways as in it can adjust the price up or down, Is it just updating that game right then?

Hmm let me forward this along. Thanks for the report. 

19 hours ago, Plisse said:

My concern was taken seriously (along with others) and something was done, and done quickly. That shows that everyone working behind the scenes value their users and are willing to make changes to keep us happy. Well, I'm extremely happy. I finally get to use my favorite site once again. Thank you! 

Yep!  That's exactly how I would describe the good folks over at GoCollect!  Certainly no evidence to the contrary that I can think of. 🤣

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I don't know if it makes a difference but I was doing it with N64 games if that helps.

Okay i figured it out, so this one isn't really a bug, it's actually more of a cheat for users.

What you are seeing is like you said the most current value, which is why it is changing on you. When you are removing and adding components to a game, it is processing the data from that exact moment in time and pulling in the most current numbers in the database for that game. So since the collection tracker as a whole is not a live feed of data, and only updates periodically, (i believe at the moment about every week with the goal to get that updated on a quicker basis) what you are seeing is the older non updated price, getting updated right in front of you. Which is why you are seeing game prices change. 

You can do an experiment and see what i mean. Pull up your collection and choose a CIB game you have with all 3 components (Cart, manual, box) checked off. Look at what that total is. Then pull up the GVN database entry for that game and check the most current value for CIB. Remove and then add a component in your tracker, and it should change the price to that new value in the GVN database entry for that game. 

Ideally we are hoping to get a realtime update in place, so essentially every 24 hours. 

Edited by Magus
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Magus said:

Okay i figured it out, so this one isn't really a bug, it's actually more of a cheat for users.

What you are seeing is like you said the most current value, which is why it is changing on you. When you are removing and adding components to a game, it is processing the data from that exact moment in time and pulling in the most current numbers in the database for that game. So since the collection tracker as a whole is not a live feed of data, and only updates periodically, (i believe at the moment about every week with the goal to get that updated on a quicker basis) what you are seeing is the older non updated price, getting updated right in front of you. Which is why you are seeing game prices change. 

You can do an experiment and see what i mean. Pull up your collection and choose a CIB game you have with all 3 components (Cart, manual, box) checked off. Look at what that total is. Then pull up the GVN database entry for that game and check the most current value for CIB. Remove and then add a component in your tracker, and it should change the price to that new value in the GVN database entry for that game. 

Ideally we are hoping to get a realtime update in place, so essentially every 24 hours. 

Cool, I figured it was something like that but wasn't sure and wanted to know which was the "real" value. Thanks

On 7/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, Magus said:

Im using Firefox, and the cache has been cleared.  Same issue.

I also get a bad gateway error when trying to check the value on any game right now.

20 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Im using Firefox, and the cache has been cleared.  Same issue.

I also get a bad gateway error when trying to check the value on any game right now.

Hmm, I will forward it along, but i can't replicate on my end what you are seeing. The collection tracker is loading instantly for me, i am on safari. The only thing i am seeing is a few games taking longer to load than others in the database which is going to go away when the new site launches. 

When you say check the value are you checking from the collection tracker, or are you just saying the database in general is giving you gateway errors for games? I just checked 15 random games and all loaded for me. 

Edited by Magus

On 7/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, Magus said:

Hmm, I will forward it along, but i can't replicate on my end what you are seeing. The collection tracker is loading instantly for me, i am on safari. The only thing i am seeing is a few games taking longer to load than others in the database which is going to go away when the new site launches. 

When you say check the value are you checking from the collection tracker, or are you just saying the database in general is giving you gateway errors for games? I just checked 15 random games and all loaded for me. 

From the general database.

20 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

It just happened on Halo 2 standard edition and 1080 Avalanche.

Hmm, i just checked both of those and they loaded right up for me. On both the old and new site. Let me speak with the dev and see if he has any ideas. 

If anyone else can try pulling these 2 games up and letting me know if they get a gateway error would also help. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 10.44.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 10.44.40 PM.png

Edited by Magus