IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

25 minutes ago, Kid Dracula said:

I just did a run to test it out. Got to level 4 and started farming and made lunch. Came back half hour later to finish the game but I didn’t do so well. Still got 4.6 million and there was 4 bosses left to go. Only issue now is it doesn’t show your time on the game over screen. I guess you could have a stipulation that a completed game is the number one priority. From there score used as a tie breaker amongst those that completed it (and hopefully a time maximum).

so the winner has to finish the game while making a sandwich?

Edited by 42 foot tapeworm

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING! SERIOUSLY, DON'T STOP BOMBING!

Alright, I am obviously way behind the progress these guys have made and won't ever realistically get there. I don't get all the talk of bombing things or bombing continuously. The only bomb mechanism I know if is holding down A for like 7 seconds (or whatever the time is for those second white dots at the bottom of the screen) and releasing it and pressing B. When you are doing that, you can't use the regular firing with B. So it leaves you defenseless. I only use it at the beginning of levels when there isn't much on the screen or during bosses when you can get out of their firing range. Am I missing something? People are acting like you can just throw these bombs out over and over. How is that possible without getting killed while charging it?

Charging the bomb shields you from some projectiles, except kamikaze attacks and high energy beams. It's very useful against blue orbs.

You don't have to hold down A (though if you have the sidecars, you might as well.) It'll charge by backing off of B automatically.

Also, if you get those enemies that spit out a ton of blue orbs (or a ton of enemies each shooting a blue orb), you can charge ahead of time and bomb them, clearing most of their attacks. Then pick off whatever the bomb didn't destroy. The bomb is also useful for clearing a side of the screen, leaving you free to deal with the other side.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

The S side cars (seeking) are the most useful, IMO. F sidecars (forward) are okay, R (rotating) are okay. C (whatever, it aims opposite your movement) is a bit too clunky to use. B (behind) really only works if the F spread is your main weapon. Even then...

Edited by Tulpa

16 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

so if im fully powered and keep collecting the power ups and side cannons it continues to give points for each power up collected?

Yeah. Pick up whatever powerups match your current weapons and it's pure points. When they first appear, they match whatever you currently have, then cycle through.

IIRC, the sequence is V, L, B, F, H, for main, F, B, C, R, S for sidecars.

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah. Pick up whatever powerups match your current weapons and it's pure points. When they first appear, they match whatever you currently have, then cycle through.

IIRC, the sequence is V, L, B, F, H, for main, F, B, C, R, S for sidecars.

ok. I only ask because its a bit tedious. I was collecting everything but didn't know if it mattered or not. thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

So, did everybody eat lunch and fall asleep? It's quiet in here.

I've improved my score, but haven't bothered to post it until I figure out the mechanics of this game. I think my last run was yesterday or the day before. I wish I didn't have to emulate this week. I really have grown fond of using the big screen. 

27 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I've improved my score, but haven't bothered to post it until I figure out the mechanics of this game. I think my last run was yesterday or the day before. I wish I didn't have to emulate this week. I really have grown fond of using the big screen. 

I'm just still holding out hope that I don't end up in last place.

16 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I couldn't play at all yesterday. When I started today, I had regressed a lot. By the time I was getting back to my old score, I had to quit. Want to get some runs tonight, but doubt it improves much. Holiday weekend probably going to keep me at 3 points

I'm just glad I hit a million when I did. It gave me time to finally finish Tecmo World Wrestling for the completions thread.

• Like 1