IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

I find grabbing the main gun F powerup after dying is the fastest way to get back in the game, as it's the most powerful out of the gate. Grab it three times, then switch over to a preferred weapon at full power.

Also, powerups first appear as the one you have, then cycle through.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Guess I had the impression you weren't going to post during your time away. Glad you'll still be around. And if that score is your final submission this week, I finally beat Doug!!!!! 

I was able to get another run in this morning, so you're up too. Even the battle to stay out of last place is competitive!

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lol retirement lasted 24-48 hours. Welcome back

It's still on. This morning was basically my last chance to play any. I did a lot better when I figured out how to use the time bomb. I'm glad I broke a million, even though it's still participation territory this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah you spend less time abusing yourself to practice for the shmup speed contest. What's your point?

No practice needed, just winning.  Actually, I couldn't get into Recca, so I'm taking a break until the tournament.  You know, so I can hang out in the weekly games until the tournament and put up participation scores because then I won't have to make excuses as to why I can't get a good score.  Sound familiar?

11 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

No practice needed, just winning.  Actually, I couldn't get into Recca, so I'm taking a break until the tournament.  You know, so I can hang out in the weekly games until the tournament and put up participation scores because then I won't have to make excuses as to why I can't get a good score.  Sound familiar?

Some of us need to take a break to deal with real life instead of trying to escape it because they regret their life choices. Sound familiar?