IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

2 hours ago, VegaVegas said:

It's so late at night and all of my photos will look like shit anyway. If you want to photograph a screen, especially this black like Recca score screen then you are supposed to set light levels in your camera in order for screen to be visible at all.

The lighting sucks in the room I play in too. What I do when I'm playing at night and can't get the light levels to show both the screen and the paper with my name is point a flashlight at the paper. That's seemed to work well enough for me. 

Anyway, nice score and hope to see you in future weeks

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

This week was a Famicom exclusive week, but it didn't deter players to find ways to join in the fun of Recca's fast pace shooting extravaganza! @Kid Dracula once again impressed the gallery by beating this hard as ball shooter game with an impressive score of 5,397,026!! The Drac Kid got his 5th win of the year, which place him as the first player to collect 5 wins so far in this season, and will give him a slight boost in the overall scoreboard in 2nd place over @Bearcat-Doug. Only one other player find the way to beat the game this week, and it is with no surprise @bertsampson, aka The Human Cyborg, with a score that would have been a knocker in a further progress/low score formula. Bert sits comfortably as the leader in the overall scoreboard, and it looks like it will be a great challenge for anyone to catch him.

Many other players did very well this week, and notably the members of the 3 million+ club! @VegaVegas clinched third place with a score of 3,813,692, and in the process pushed Third Place Prince skinnygrinny (temporarily using the very elegant handle @42 foot tapeworm) out of his throne of predilection. Skinny apparently had a run of 3.9 million in during the week, but Skinny being Skinny, didn't think that taking a picture would be a good idea. Better be safe than sorry man!  Skinny still entered an excellent 3,723,026 score for a 4th place finish, featuring a very sexy topless NES in his picture! Coming next, @nesmaster14, regular shooter master of the NES Weekly contest, posted a great score a little shy of 3,5 million!

This week also saw the return of a dear old friend of the contest, @BriGuy82, who held good to his contest's reputation by posting a solid score of 2,131,169! It's a pleasure to have you playing along again and to see that you're still up to challenge my good man! Special thanks to shmup enthusiast @Tulpa for his presence in the contest thread during this week, sharing the fun and his knowledge around for the benefits of all!

As always, thanks to everyone for playing and participating in the contest thread, and let's resume the joy with some bad ass Contra Force!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Events Team · Posted

Hello Contest Kids!

You guys see me coming, @MeganJoanne already gave the hint, it's time for a random giveaway prize, HURRAH! This week cross-stitch feature the main spaceship of Recca (Megan's hand not included) :

Recca.JPG.918a5496b3130ecea74fb4c7b90a8e39.JPG

Here's the list of the participants for the drawing :

1 = @Kid Dracula
2 = @bertsampson
3 = @VegaVegas
4 = @42 foot tapeworm
5 = @nesmaster14
6 = @BriGuy82
7 = @ninjistar
8 = @Bearcat-Doug
9 = @arnpoly
10 = @Jeevan
11 = @mbd39
12 = @Ausden
13 = @JamesRobot

image.png.e4568a67e40046d6a491813ee8272274.png

Congratulations to VegaVegas for winning the Recca cross-stitch! Man, I can't wait to see how nice that cross-stitch will look along your username in your next score picture👍!
Feel free to send a pm to MeganJoanne for giving her your shipping info.

Thanks all!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2020 at 11:31 PM, Richardhead said:

I’ll do the same then... I’m out. I’ve gotta collection to focus on. I don’t even like playing games anyways.

Dude next time you are in town,we need to go back to the Free Play Arcade in Richardson although I went to the one in Arlington before the covid crap and it was even better! I was throwing down on some Gyruss!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gutsman004 said:

Haha! Nice! Once I get moved in about 3 weeks I’ll have some time to play.

Tomorrow I’ll feel like I’m playing Rad Racer for real with all the driving I will be doing.

So you're taking a red Ferrari on a drive cross country instead of playing Contra Force? That sounds about right.

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 weeks later...