IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

@VegaVegas im not real sure what your trying to say but im not doubting your score is legit and your right putting a written name and capturing the entire screen is not what makes a score legit. im no ansel adams but i was able to capture my entire crt my user name on a piece of paper and my nes console with a clear score all in one picture. 

i hope you understand. no one is questioning your score.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cross-stitch for random drawing I just finished. Was sorta spur of the moment, not planned but wanted to do something for this one since it's been a while since I did any, missed making some for the t

Hello Contest Kids! You guys see me coming, @MeganJoanne already gave the hint, it's time for a random giveaway prize, HURRAH! This week cross-stitch feature the main spaceship of Recca (Megan's

This week was a Famicom exclusive week, but it didn't deter players to find ways to join in the fun of Recca's fast pace shooting extravaganza! @Kid Dracula once again impressed the gallery by beating

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It's been the rules for years for every game, going back to NintendoAge. In the past there have been photoshopped scores. It doesn't matter how high your score is, everyone has to play by that rule. And it is stated in the original post.

At any rate, the Recca score will stay on the screen until you hit reset, so it's plenty of time to turn on the room lights and throw a piece of paper up with your screen name on it to get a photo with the entire screen.

Again, you don't know how photography works and don't want to acknowledge the fact that lighting in my room sucks. I'm not going to bother explaining it again

Everyone see for yourself what I'm talking about. Full screen photo is much clearer and relatively readable (but even not always). Photo of the whole TV is kinda visible but the screen is noticeably worse (score displayed in little digits is completely unreadable). My camera just sucks. Tell me what I'm supposed to do in the future though. You can compare the quality. If that invalidates my scores then unfortunately I'm completely outta here

Fx6mYHe.jpg

Wf8iBg8.jpg

16 hours ago, ninjistar said:

Buying a real cart is on my list! Did you buy it a while back and get a much better deal than today's prices?

I bought my copy a couple of years ago and it looks like the price has hardly moved since then, but I did snag it when eBay was doing 20% off coupons for awhile so it was sort of a deal.  🙂

• Like 2
Administrator · Posted

I do know photography (professional experience) and I at the least can say that a photo like this (different game, same "issues") would have sufficed. (see below) 

Note that there are zero lights on in my room, only that of the television, no flash. 

This isn't about getting a beautiful photo, simply getting a score on screen with a paper with your username on it. 

IMG_20200621_232415.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I do know photography (professional experience) and I at the least can say that a photo like this (different game, same "issues") would have sufficed. (see below) 

Note that there are zero lights on in my room, only that of the television, no flash. 

This isn't about getting a beautiful photo, simply getting a score on screen with a paper with your username on it. 

IMG_20200621_232415.jpg

It’s a beauty eh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the funny thing is the guy has played twice before. 

Ai and star force. both of his previous scores were submitted the same way, both were accepted and no one ever said anything. 

they were only participation level scores so maybe thats why it got over looked but knowing this makes not acceptingbhis score here look bad.

maybe just let it slide this time.... idk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Events Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

and that gives bert a 1 point lead in the genre. fffuuuuuuuu

i forgot to take a pic of my better score and i vouched for a score to knock me off and out...

what the hell is wrong with me lol

It's probably that Neil Young song that is working on your unconscious and forcing you to be a good guy for no good reason!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

the funny thing is the guy has played twice before. 

Ai and star force. both of his previous scores were submitted the same way, both were accepted and no one ever said anything. 

they were only participation level scores so maybe thats why it got over looked but knowing this makes not acceptingbhis score here look bad.

maybe just let it slide this time.... idk.

I’ve stopped putting in any actual effort. I’ll play, just won’t play all week. I lose, I lose. Not gonna play all week to just get my ass kicked at the end by who knows who. 

13 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I’ve stopped putting in any actual effort. I’ll play, just won’t play all week. I lose, I lose. Not gonna play all week to just get my ass kicked at the end by who knows who. 

your starting to sound like @gutsman004 and @Reed Rothchild

Edited by 42 foot tapeworm
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
      Welcome to the MOST EXPECTED week of our beloved Weekly Contest.
      A fast paced week, full of action and high scores where our skilled players struggle to prove who is the VERY BEST at MARBLE MADNESS!
      Expect several heavy hitters to show out of nowhere to try to claim the title of BEST MARBLE MADNESS VGS player!
      The rules for this skirmish are very simple:
      Play till game over or till you beat the game Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 Genre: Arcade Get your marbles ready and be mad about them!

The contest ends Sunday, 04/18/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Lasses and Lads, be READY, for a week of FAST paced racing is upon us!
      Our pilots will prove their mettle at the devious tracks of SUPER SPRINT!
      They must prove who is the fastest of them all through the following rules:
      Play till level 21 If you reach level 21, pause the game just as the race starts, without moving your car and take your picture If you fail to make to level 21, pause the game just as the opponent's car gets the checkered flag and take your picture Highest score wins Genre: Racing Now, hit the pedal to the metal!

The contest ends Sunday, 04/11/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Lads and gents, be welcome!
      We are about to start the 2ND ROUND of our BELOVED VGS NES WEEKLY Contest!
      We will have an action packed week this time around, with LOTS of shooting going on!
      Players, be prepared to tackle SMASH TV!!!!

Clean up your pads and get ready to get cramps on your fingers from shooting so damn much!
      Unlike SMB3 rules, those are very kind to all of you:
      Play till game over Play 1 player. You can play 1 player 2 controllers if you fancy Take your picture at the game over screen or pause the game as you lose your last life to take the picture. If you beat the game, you can take your picture at the "total bonus" screen instead of taking it on the game over screen. Highest score wins Participation: 50,000 Genre: Action May you win many brand new toasters this week!

The contest ends Sunday, 03/28/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!!
      It is TIME! The time you all have been waiting for. The time for the grandest event of the year to start.
      A fresh new start for all our competitors. A new chance to be crowned VGS CHAMPION! New genre badges to be earned to prove they are the VERY BEST in a certain game genre!
      It is TIME for our players to show the results of their training during the down time.
      @guillavoieand I are proud and honoured to present and start the VGS NES WEEKLY CONTEST 2021!

And... we start off with a CLASSIC! Super Mario Bros 3!

I bet all the evil turtle hoppers are ready to hop till Bowser's fortress, aren't you all?

Well, THINK AGAIN!
      Here's the evil, wicked, twisted rules that SMB3 will run under:
      One life only If you die, take your picture at the world map so we can assess progress Play till you beat world 1 If you skip stage 4, take a picture of the world map when Bowser's warship spawn to show that you skipped it. If you beat world 1, take your picture at the start of world 2 Progress + Highest score wins Participation: Beat stage 1 with a score of at least 15,000 Genre: Platformer I hope you all are READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE!!! And be happy I am not making you play as green Mario!
      The contest ends Sunday, 03/21/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Ahoy hoy, my beloved friends. Long time no see! Life got WAY busier than it should be in the last two weeks here.
      As Guil and I start to plan the upcoming 2021 season of the beloved Weekly Contest, we deemed it wise to ask you all, the players, for suggestions of NES and Famicom games you believe to be worthy of being playing during our 2021 season!
      So spill the guts. Let us know what games you would love to see this year and we will thoroughly consider them!