IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Recca

BeaIank

32 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

No you're good man! I remember the incident you're referring to, the problem was that the guy had his best score on an inferior hardware to play on, but that particular platform had built in save states. The guy smelled like BS from 100 miles away on top of that, so I asked him to play on the NES, which was his best legit option anyway.

Thanks for the clarification. It has been a long time since I heard about this (probably 2015), so it's very fuzzy! I'm so much happier playing on real hardware!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Posting scores before 10:55 pm est on Sunday night!? Who are you and what have you done to @ninjistar?

Sunday afternoon & evening is normally my go-to play time. Being 3 hours behind Eastern time is never in my favor either! I just putzed around today and decided to give Recca some attention 🙂

You guys are actually hilarious. And too kind. I’ll be celebrating my first father’s day tomorrow so unlikely I’ll get another run in. I got super lucky on the timing on this. If I had finished off the last boss a single second later it would have been a time up Game Over. One thing I learned is that the in game time of Recca is faster than actual time 😆. So I had to do some basic math. This was a 2 death run, one on boss 10 and one on boss 11. I hope somebody beats my score! 

5.39 million 

C37C6CA2-42DA-4E0F-8A02-9D4CB860AD86.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

32 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

Sunday afternoon & evening is normally my go-to play time. Being 3 hours behind Eastern time is never in my favor either! I just putzed around today and decided to give Recca some attention 🙂

I'm sure you'll give it enough attention to snipe me tomorrow lol. I'd love to find time to get that extra 30k to beat doug. Traveling and fathers day will make it tough to get much of a chance. This really is an awesome game though and I wouldn't ever have known to look for it. Glad it was chosen. Easily in my top 3 nes shooters, if not #1. Other two are gradius and 1943.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

This really is an awesome game though and I wouldn't ever have known to look for it. Glad it was chosen. Easily in my top 3 nes shooters, if not #1. Other two are gradius and 1943.

Naxat Soft had some really good shooters on the PC-Engine/Turbo. I think this was their only game on Famicom hardware, though they did a lot of PCE game ports that others ported to the NES, IIRC.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Well @Bearcat-Doug.  Bring on the BS.  There's no way I'm beating @Kid Dracula today.  I did beat the game, but with a pitiful 4.4 million.  I hang my head in shame, and will have to reevaluate my life choices.  This may be the end.

Isn't it like 2 AM in Washington? Go to bed and think about what you've done. 😂

Events Helper · Posted

sorry i aint been around much lady and gents.  Been working this weekend.  Glad to see you all are still talking $hit to each other lol.  Don't think i will be able to make any more runs of this today either, but if i wake up in time i will try to join the milly club!!!!!

Im not hopeful, but i will try my best 😛  

12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

sorry i aint been around much lady and gents.  Been working this weekend.  Glad to see you all are still talking $hit to each other lol.  Don't think i will be able to make any more runs of this today either, but if i wake up in time i will try to join the milly club!!!!!

Im not hopeful, but i will try my best 😛  

If I could break a million, you can do it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I'm sure you'll give it enough attention to snipe me tomorrow lol. I'd love to find time to get that extra 30k to beat doug. Traveling and fathers day will make it tough to get much of a chance. This really is an awesome game though and I wouldn't ever have known to look for it. Glad it was chosen. Easily in my top 3 nes shooters, if not #1. Other two are gradius and 1943.

Feel free to take the day off! 😂

9 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

You guys are actually hilarious. And too kind. I’ll be celebrating my first father’s day tomorrow so unlikely I’ll get another run in. I got super lucky on the timing on this. If I had finished off the last boss a single second later it would have been a time up Game Over. One thing I learned is that the in game time of Recca is faster than actual time 😆. So I had to do some basic math. This was a 2 death run, one on boss 10 and one on boss 11. I hope somebody beats my score! 

5.39 million 

I'm guessing that doesn't happen. Great score!

2 hours ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

pretty sure i can clear wampson  @bertsampson

that score seems like a really good contender for clearing the game with a low score.

Yeah, if you farm at all (I did not), you should be able to beat my score.  I completed it a few times.  My lowest was just under 4 million, so my high score isn't that bad...

12 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Yeah, if you farm at all (I did not), you should be able to beat my score.  I completed it a few times.  My lowest was just under 4 million, so my high score isn't that bad...

its gonna be close if i can finish the game i wont be emplimenting many scoring tactics