IGNORED

Announcing the new Classifieds & Feedback systems!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

Today we're announcing the release of two new systems to make transacting with others on VGS even more enjoyable:

Classifieds and Feedback!

🎉🥳 🎉

In a nutshell, Classifieds gives you a new marketplace style section of the site to buy, sell, and trade for video games, related items, and other collectibles. Same idea as the existing subforums, but in more of a marketplace kind of style. Note that we're going to continue to support the subforum as a method of making deals with each other, and leave it up to you to use the system that feels right for you personally. That said, I think you'll like the new system and the tools it brings to the table.

For more info on Classifieds, check out the guide here: Classifieds

Feedback is tied into Classifieds, but is not reliant upon it. In other words, you can leave feedback for other users of the site based on a transaction that comes out of a Classifieds listing, OR you can leave feedback for many other things on the site. If you prefer to use the BST subforum for your transactions, you can simply leave feedback after a transaction by visiting a user's profile and clicking on "Add Feedback" and referencing the sale/trade thread for the transaction. 

Similarly, you can even leave feedback for non-monetary transactions. As long as it's "transactional" it can be counted; one example would be if you're making a homebrew and you hire an artist to do concept art for your game. More info is available on restrictions in the guidelines at the link below.

We ask that you not abuse the system and should note that it will be monitored. Just use it within reason. Piling on positive feedback to a person so they look legit will not go well, nor will negative review bombing a user because you don't like them. Just use it sensibly and I think we'll be fine; you an always ask a staff member if you're not sure.

For more info on Feedback, check out the guide here: Feedback

That's all for today! Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, but make sure you've read the guidelines before doing so to save us answering the same questions over again, please and thanks.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

how do i get to the clasifieds section? i dont see it on mobile.

Click the hamburger menu button on the top right -> Buy Sell Trade -> Classifieds

This is a slick marketplace design that I think after a little bit of a learning curve everyone will really like! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

@Gloves

what if an item is  fs/fo/ft? currently required to select between fs/fo or ft.

also condition. i have multiple items all in varius conditions but currently required to select one between the options.

We could always add a catch-all "FS/O/T", if that's something people want.

We could also add a "Conditions vary" tag.

I can get those added now.

EDIT: Added. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, phart010 said:

Please someone do a video how to

The links Gloves shared above are very thorough and show all the steps, with pictures and highlights of exactly what to do.  If you still have any questions or run into any trouble, you can reach out for assistance.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Would it be acceptable to leave feedback for transactions that occurred prior to the addition of the feedback system?  Many of us setup "feedback threads" earlier before the system was setup.  I only had 3 transactions myself, but I'm sure others had many more.  

Yep, please feel free to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, Armageddon Potato said:

Awesome news! Would it be possible to migrate our old NintendoAge feedback to here as well? I am so sad I lost 267 positive feedback after all those years...

NA feedback small1.png

No, that feedback is lost and gone. 

• Sad 2

• 1 year later...