IGNORED

VGS Dark Mode Feedback Thread

Gloves

Events Team Β· Posted
4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Just dicking around at this point, what do you think of this?

image.png

Oh wow... I wasn't sure what to think at first just looking at the pic, but looking at it on the site myself, I really like that a lot. That looks super sleek, I wouldn't have thought to do that πŸ‘

Administrator Β· Posted

I'll be totally honest, I'd actually like to use dark mode as the default. Problem has simply been that it's a big task to customize every little bit of the whole site to ACTUALLY look nice.

But I am dedicated! I'll keep working on it, and may switch the default to Dark Mode after I feel it's in a good place. We'll probably run a poll before I switch 1500 people over automatically though. πŸ˜›

• Like 2

Events Team Β· Posted
13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

But I am dedicated! I'll keep working on it, and may switch the default to Dark Mode after I feel it's in a good place. We'll probably run a poll before I switch 1500 people over automatically though. πŸ˜›

A poll would definitely be a good idea, but I must admit that I would find it incredibly entertaining seeing all of the initial panic that would happened if you just suddenly switched everyone over to dark mode with no prior warning πŸ˜†

In all seriousness though, as long as people would be down for it, I definitely wouldn't mind Dark Mode becoming the default. I think it looks incredibly nice.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Haha 1

Events Team Β· Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

😞

It's OK, Jeeves may be a big meany face, but I said from the beginning that there's no pressure, no rush, take as much time as you need with it, and look what you've accomplished now! It may have taken you a bit, but you got it done in the end, and that's all that matters 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Events Team Β· Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

One, critique, tell me what u think @ZeldaFreakΒ maybe a slightly lighter green for the reputation, its a little blendy at first imo........but if i am the only one, then ignore this.

I actually was thinking that, I personally would like a slightly lighter green for the reputation, but that's just such a miniscule thing that I didn't even bother mentioning it until now since it looks fine the way it is. Perhaps something closer to the green on the checkmark by the Transaction Feedback part?

Events Team Β· Posted

I just took a quick look through a bunch of various corners of the site, and most everything is looking good, however there are a few things I noticed that could be improved.

First of all, if you click on Activity > Search at the top of the site, on the bottom left is an option which I presume is for searching for content within a particular club, and it's definitely quite bright and out of place in the dark mode. That could use fixing.

17464af208eb4a919dfebaca38bb26ad.png

Secondly, I noticed if you go to Clubs > Any Club > Members and view that section, it definitely looks pretty hideous in dark mode.

93fe2cd5cd14e65d5e24f41e77ae2a3b.png

I think it might be better if it looked more like the Staff section

61d0ad7378d1475bfaf339e245f9d34a.png

That's about all I could find though. Everything else looked good as far as I could tell (Or if it didn't, it was just due to images having bright backgrounds and what have you, which isn't a problem with the dark mode itself.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team Β· Posted

OH, and I just now noticed something else that's been bothering me for quite some time, but I didn't realize it wasn't an issue in the normal Light Mode!

Whenever you view the Clubs section of the site, in light mode, the text of each club name is white (which is fine) but it has a dark grey background, so no matter what the background image of the club is, the name of the club always remains readable (The Political Debate club is a good example of this)

fe2d1731911d4d7aa3668c7c50791fa5.png

However, the grey background is missing in the Dark Mode, which I've noticed for quite some time, but because I'm a big dumbo, I couldn't think of any way to fix this until I realized how this problem was fixed in Light Mode!

8405ade5d152c2e9cdd0add138ae21ec.png

As you can see, in Dark Mode, many of the club names are almost completely unreadable (the Political Debate club being one of them)

So this in particular is something that isn't just for aesthetics, this actually affects the functionality of the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1