IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Mario Bros

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

It's a ME, Captain L... err, the beloved Weekly contest post!
LADIES and GENTLEMEN, we are back!
Back for some high level plumbing action!

This week our competitors will tackle the classic MARIO BROS!
The rules they will abide to this week are:

• Choose 1 Player Game B
  • Play until Game Over
  • Immediately after losing your last life, press pause to take the picture of your score along with the phase you're at.
  • If you roll the score, be sure to take a picture just before you roll the score and right after you roll the score.  Rolling the score will considered as maxing the score.
  • IF YOU REACH PHASE 30, YOUR RUN ENDS THERE. TAKE YOUR PICTURE IMMEDIATELY IN PHASE 30.
  • Point racking is allowed.
  • Highest phase wins, with score being used to tie break (Ex: Phase 30 - 300,000 beats Phase 12 - 999,999 points. Phase 12 - 999,999 points beats Phase 12, 100,000 points). All players who get to phase 30 with a rolled score  will be tied for first place this week.
  • Genre: Arcade

May the best plumber WIN!

The contest ends Sunday, 06/14/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em... then beat 'em.", Mario, Mario - 1989

1402361212_SageMarioBrosGIF02.gif.d0208f

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson Phase 30 - 999,990
1st Kid Dracula Phase 30 - 999,990
1st ninjistar Phase 30 - 999,990
1st Bearcat-Doug Phase 30 - 999,990
1st 0xDEAFC0DE Phase 30 - 999,990
1st Jeevan Phase 30 - 999,990
7th NESfiend Phase 21 - 184,140
8th arnpoly Phase 15 - 123,250
9th 8bitdontquit Phase 11 - 068810
10th JamesRobot Phase 10 - 079,710
11th Ausden Phase 10 - 070,620
12th mbd39 Phase 09 - 060,380
13th Gaia Gensouki Phase 07 - 048,930
14th 42 foot tapeworm Phase 01 - 000,010

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

I might be playing all week anyway.  Roll the score twice maybe???

I'm probably just going to get a 30 Phase run in and hope that gets me a top 8 finish. That would give me 80+ points on the overall leaderboard and hopefully enough for a tournament spot.

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

I've got a class to finish before I get any time on Mario Bros.  Where's your score?

I don't have a portable system with me or I'd be working on it. I did try to get a run in this morning while I was doing the laundry before I left for the day, but I only had around 250k by Phase 30.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't have a portable system with me or I'd be working on it. I did try to get a run in this morning while I was doing the laundry before I left for the day, but I only had around 250k by Phase 30.

🙄

@ninjistar game b, i repeat game b!!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Na man, u just sicken me with ur ONLY 250k lol.......all in good fun sir

Well, I'm not really sure I get what there is to point press in this game outside of burning your extra lives on Phase 29, so I must be missing something. I'm probably going to be one run and done since I'm likely out for the rest of the regular season after this week, but I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeevan said:

Thats ok @Bearcat-Doug ur one and done will prolly be better than my million man run lol.........just post participation from here on out 😉 keep them 3 points coming in........

I'm going to be out of action for awhile, but I'm hoping that I'll have enough points to qualify for the tournament.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm going to be out of action for awhile, but I'm hoping that I'll have enough points to qualify for the tournament.

well, hope u do, i dont know how that works, but excited to see.  best of luck sir, best of luck 🙂 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm going to try and put up something respectable this week and hopefully see you guys again in the fall for the tournament.

These comments make it seem like you are going on a 3 month hiatus from the world. Its not long enough to be going to war, but too long for a cruise. Got me pretty curious

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

These comments make it seem like you are going on a 3 month hiatus from the world. Its not long enough to be going to war, but too long for a cruise. Got me pretty curious

I've just got to take care of some personal stuff, but hopefully I'll be back sooner than later.