IGNORED

Feedback Rules & Guidelines

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

For now this is a quick to-do, but will be built out as we can find the time.

Step 1) Create a thread in this subforum entitled "Gloves' Feedback Thread" or something to that effect (with your username not mine!).

Step 2) When you've entered into a deal with another member of the site, post in your own thread saying you've done so.

Step 3) When the transaction is completed, post in the OTHER person's thread providing feedback on the transaction.

Step 4) ???

Step 5) Profit!

Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions, but for now please follow the above!

• Thanks 2

• The topic was pinned
Administrator · Posted

Disregard. Fresh starts all over here. It'd be weird as a new user who's never been on NA to tee people with a bunch of "fake" feedback. 

For stuff like the NES contest and stuff it's fine, but I don't want there to be anybody being accused of being disingenuous with their feedback. 

THAAAAAT SAID. 

You could always post a link in your feedback thread to your NA profile and reference that you have feedback on there. Lots of people do that with lots of sites on lots of forums, especially when they're new. Consider everybody here as "new". It's not unusual when coming to a new place to do trades to say "here's my eBay profile for feedback references". Same thing. In fact I'd encourage you to put an many such references as you like in the OP of your personal feedback thread. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Krunch said:

So basically instead of having a feedback profile you just have your own personal feedback thread that anyone can search?  Do you still get a number count?

I mean, you can keep track... 

This is a solution "for now". We'll see what the future holds! 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I said this in the discord, but this is basically how Reddit (at least gamesale/gameswap, other subs use similar systems) does it. Everyone has their own "reputation" thread, and when someone you did a transaction with (trade or sale) "confirms" that a transaction occurred, then you have one confirmed transaction. They do badges and stuff for hitting milestones of confirmed transactions, but back when I was active, the mods complained that they were too busy to keep up with badge requests. So most people just put something like this at the head of their FS threads:

Here's all the stuff I have for sale. I have 32 confirmed transactions. Link to my rep thread.

It wasn't as elegant as NA's transaction system, but it worked fine. I think it'll work fine here too. We'll probably develop our own tweaks and habits as we do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Splain said:

I said this in the discord, but this is basically how Reddit (at least gamesale/gameswap, other subs use similar systems) does it. Everyone has their own "reputation" thread, and when someone you did a transaction with (trade or sale) "confirms" that a transaction occurred, then you have one confirmed transaction. They do badges and stuff for hitting milestones of confirmed transactions, but back when I was active, the mods complained that they were too busy to keep up with badge requests. So most people just put something like this at the head of their FS threads:

Here's all the stuff I have for sale. I have 32 confirmed transactions. Link to my rep thread.

It wasn't as elegant as NA's transaction system, but it worked fine. I think it'll work fine here too. We'll probably develop our own tweaks and habits as we do it.

Personally, I always felt the reddit solution was a bit of a "square peg in a round hole" solution.  Reddit isn't designed to have any form of feedback other than karma points which are useless in this regard.  A feedback forum (which is what this is, can work but it there's any chance of having a user transaction system, that'd be a lot better.  I imagine it could take a lot of work if this BBS engine doesn't have a plug-in for something like that, but the forum thread is less than perfect.  There's a lot that could be hidden in a really long thread.  You can't just find a users page a notice "oh, he has 500 messages so he must do a lot of business."  Yes, someone might, but that doesn't mean it's someone you want to do business with.

A 1-number metric isn't perfect, but clicking on a user feedback link can always provide Good/Neutral/Positive metrics and that makes gauging a user much quicker, before you research further.

Actually, in the mean time, I'm going to throw this here:

Google Sheets Feedback Summary Template.

This is a feedback spreadsheet that you can copy to your personal Google Drive, and use for entering feedback information.  This should be a good way for all of us to summarize the feedback and transaction summaries that we want to share with the public.  Of course, it also relies on people being honest.  If someone posts negative feedback on your thread, you'll need to post it in your spreadsheet.

However, I guess if we can call people out (without being mean or snarky) then the honor system might work.  Still, this is better than nothing.

Administrator · Posted

Realistically NA worked on the honor system regardless. If someone gets scammed or something there OR here it'd be public. A regular user can't delete or edit another user's posts, nor lock their own threads, so there's no way as a scammer to stop the other party from posting their negative feedback for all to see.

The method for feedback that I have outlined is quite common on Reddit and I think it works well, and will help a lot I think while we get settled.

Misunderstandings in transactions are a bit tricky at times but at the least straight up scammers will be banned. In that sense nothing has changed in the transition.

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Realistically NA worked on the honor system regardless. If someone gets scammed or something there OR here it'd be public. A regular user can't delete or edit another user's posts, nor lock their own threads, so there's no way as a scammer to stop the other party from posting their negative feedback for all to see.

The method for feedback that I have outlined is quite common on Reddit and I think it works well, and will help a lot I think while we get settled.

Misunderstandings in transactions are a bit tricky at times but at the least straight up scammers will be banned. In that sense nothing has changed in the transition.

Understood.  In order to help, I've taken the extra step to make this thread here in the Feedback forum.  Do as you wish, but feel free to sticky it.  If you (or any other mods/admins want) PM me your email address and I'll give you full edit rights to the spreadsheet template.  Anyway, here's the forum post I just made:

As someone with I think 30 transactions on NA, I don't often buy things, but when I do its in rather large quantity. It'd be awesome if a future feature could be added to a users profile to import past transactions somehow. As I recall my first transaction took a little more effort because someone had to trust me (which I completely understand!), but at the same time I've proven that I'm trustworthy. 😥

That or maybe import your NA past transactions and award badges to peoples accounts for "verified NA 30+ transactions", etc. So people know you at least have some prior history. I'm just spitballing, but you get the point.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:40 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Meh, I'd rather start over anyway.  

I am impressed that I got to 572 without a single coin ding.   Usually you run into one blazing asshole with that many transactions.

Should have been dinged for looking so damn good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, Boodead said:

As someone with I think 30 transactions on NA, I don't often buy things, but when I do its in rather large quantity. It'd be awesome if a future feature could be added to a users profile to import past transactions somehow. As I recall my first transaction took a little more effort because someone had to trust me (which I completely understand!), but at the same time I've proven that I'm trustworthy. 😥

That or maybe import your NA past transactions and award badges to peoples accounts for "verified NA 30+ transactions", etc. So people know you at least have some prior history. I'm just spitballing, but you get the point.

Boo is a A+ buyer. Hey everybody! Still getting used to the site but I'm digging it so far. Thanks for the hard work! 🙂

• Thanks 1