IGNORED

31-Day Video Game Music Challenge - June 2020

AverageOliver98

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Yesss!! I meant to look up if that game was licensed since I wasn't familiar with the source. My favorite track is the Mushroom Forest Stage (which I think is the games most well known song as well). I'm going to add that to my honorable mentions now, thanks.

Oh wow. I've never heard of this game nor it's soundtrack before, but yeah, those songs are both really solid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

How is everyone liking each other's lists so far?

Some of the songs that I haven't heard prior to this and I've really enjoyed include 0xDEAFC0DE's Day 4, Aguy's Day 6 and 9, ZeldaFreak and ookii_risu's Day 7, Sumez's Day 2 and 10, and nesmaster14's Day 3 and 9.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

Some of the songs that I haven't heard prior to this and I've really enjoyed include 0xDEAFC0DE's Day 4, Aguy's Day 6 and 9, ZeldaFreak and ookii_risu's Day 7, Sumez's Day 2 and 10, and nesmaster14's Day 3 and 9.

Yup, I agree with pretty much all of that. Everyone's lists have been really fantastic so far, I haven't found a single song I've outright disliked.

Glad to see you enjoyed Nocturne Of Ice. If you like music like that, you should definitely check out the rest of the Stardew Valley OST, it's filled to the brim with nice, relaxing songs like that.

And shit, thank you for mentioning ookii_risu's Day 7 song, I didn't even realize he put in a Ritual of the Night song, I must've overlooked it. I was definitely heavily considering putting in a Ritual of the Night song on my list, the soundtrack to that game is an absolute masterpiece for sure, up there with all the other Metroidvania Castlevania games, and Gears of Fortune is definitely one of the highlights of that OST.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Oh man, Bomberman is accepted as a "puzzle game"? I was really considering submitting bomberman music, but figured it was probably too much of an edge case, so I went with a classic block puzzler instead. 🙂

I totally support it being included though.

While making the bumper, my mind could only come up with Tetris, Puyo Puyo, and Panel de Pon. Then I came across this list(250+ titles).

For the maniac option, it says you can only use "one track per series". Does this mean, for example, if I chose a SMB3 track for one day, then all Mario related games are off limits and I could not use a Mario Party track for another day?

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

For the maniac option, it says you can only use "one track per series". Does this mean, for example, if I chose a SMB3 track for one day, then all Mario related games are off limits and I could not use a Mario Party track for another day?

I would assume you could use both SMB3 and Mario Party for Maniac. Yes, they both contain Mario, but I think it's fair to say these are two distinct series.

In the end, this is all for fun anyway, so I would just do what makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

Yes. Although, I don't think anyone here would complain if you did so.

EDIT: Listen to 'rdrunner'.

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Thanks 1

Definitely two different series IMO.
SMB3 and Yoshi's Island might be more ambiguous - I'd consider those the same series, and I'd also consider Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story the same series, but I wouldn't consider SMB3 and Yoshi's Story the same series, as the latter was a spinoff.

But I agree, let your own personal definitions dictate what you choose. I think there are enough games out there to not enough have to touch on what could potentially be the same series.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1