Demon's Souls Remake (or remaster?)

Horizon Forbidden West

Oddworld Soulstorm 

Stray

My vote for most nonsensical looking game

Resident Evil Village 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But part of me just wants to set an arbitrary cutoff and focus on games for the existing era(s) for the rest of my life.  

I've been saying that for a while now.  For me, I think that cut off will be when things go all digital, which more than likely means everything after the PS5.  I'm completely fine with that.  My thinking is that at this moment in time, there are more than enough great games to keep me happy for the rest of my gaming life.  I can skip out on the all digital world and be ok.  

• Like 1

I thought it was an amazing show. Probably the best gaming show that I've ever seen, in terms of reveals. Much of that is because of the Demon's Souls remake, but there was a lot of other great stuff too.

Planning on purchasing:

Deathloop

Demon's Souls

Ghostwire

Horizon 2

Resident Evil 8

Returnal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I don't know why we get so hyped for these console reveals when the launch stuff is usually predictably generic. I guess I just hope they will show a new type of game rather than the same games we've been playing forever with updated graphics. Although honestly, the graphics were not particularly impressive in any of the games they showed. They all looked current gen.

I'm not really complaining because it's not my thing anyway, but I watch these things knowing there's basically nothing they can announce that will interest me. Like... Silent Hills was secretly completed and it was all a hoax? I'd pop for that. Technologically this might be the most boring generation yet. If these games aren't all running at 60fps, what are we even upgrading in these boxes (hard to tell because of the broadcast but I remember one was visibly frame-y). If it runs PS4 games better I might still be interested, although I bought a PS4 Pro for that exact promise and was supremely disappointed.

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But part of me just wants to set an arbitrary cutoff and focus on games for the existing era(s) for the rest of my life.

#CutoffGang. Gotta play that backlog. You're gonna die eventually.

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm not really complaining because it's not my thing anyway, but I watch these things knowing there's basically nothing they can announce that will interest me. Like... Silent Hills was secretly completed and it was all a hoax? I'd pop for that. Technologically this might be the most boring generation yet. If these games aren't all running at 60fps, what are we even upgrading in these boxes (hard to tell because of the broadcast but I remember one was visibly frame-y). If it runs PS4 games better I might still be interested, although I bought a PS4 Pro for that exact promise and was supremely disappointed.

#CutoffGang. Gotta play that backlog. You're gonna die eventually.

The CPU is a significant improvement over last gen.  I'm hoping it can result in high populations for cities and stuff like that.  Things that have gameplay and immersion impacts.  For graphics I would gladly take 30 fps at 1440 checkerboarded to 4k if it means raytracing, better particle effects, etc.  Horizon looked great on the Pro. Continue to push the quality instead of the quantity of pixels. My worry is they get caught up on saying a game is native 4k or higher.

Glad I'm not the only one who has considered moving on from new stuff. We all have huge backlogs.  I could see me going Nintendo only after next gen and just working through the backlog otherwise.

Edited by zeppelin03

12 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Sexy. All digital version on the right

15F199A6-59E6-4A3B-8CEA-FFA827B2975B.jpeg

It does look pretty sleek and futuristic, as it should with us living in a future time!  But like I said, electronics are like people, ultimately it's what's inside that counts!

Welcome to the final generation of physical media.

if they are launching with a digital only version it means there are going to be A LOT of digital only titles.

Imagine a world 30 years from now where the only way to play a ”retro” PS5 game is to either find a PS5 with it installed, or to pray the developers make a rerelease.

20 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

if they are launching with a digital only version it means there are going to be A LOT of digital only titles.

Imagine a world 30 years from now where the only way to play a ”retro” PS5 game is to either find a PS5 with it installed, or to pray the developers make a rerelease.

In 2050, a PS5 with the full game library installed will sell in a Heritage auction for at least $1 million. 

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Custom firmware already solves this problem.  You can install games and homebrew as you see fit.  Of course this brings its own ethical issues but it works.  It's the way to get Wiiware that was otherwise lost.

We plan on getting physical for the big games(Mario/Zelda) but are moving to digital otherwise.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 1

I’ve been a stickler for physical modern games in the past (still am for the most part) but even I’ve accepted that we can’t stop the digital future. I personally don’t feel digital works as well for video games as a medium, but it’s coming and there’s nothing we can do.

41 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I’ve been a stickler for physical modern games in the past (still am for the most part) but even I’ve accepted that we can’t stop the digital future. I personally don’t feel digital works as well for video games as a medium, but it’s coming and there’s nothing we can do.

Idk about the all digital everything future that everyone points to. Think of all the countries with people who have unreliable internet. There's no way they would take out a decent % of their total player base by forcing digital only unless high speed wifi gets beams from space for all the world. 

• Like 1