IGNORED

Reed's new game room(s)

Reed Rothchild

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Skipped over to the 4th shelf since that's my movie shelf.  Wanted to see what I'd still have remaining for when I go back to the middle shelf since it could possibly be a mix another mix of movie and game. 

The best split I could figure out here was 3 rows of NES at the top.

IMG_20200722_124042.jpg

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, OptOut said:

An impressive display of many colourful, plastic squares, circles and rectangles. Kudos! 😉

If you look in the back corner you can just barely make out the few N64 games. Hidden behind other stuff.  The most prominent placing they've ever had.

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Starting replacing the main overhead light fixture (since I'll be losing the wallside light when I put in the final shelf), but the junction box is oriented the wrong way from what the bracket for my new track rail needs.  So I guess the room is out of commission until I find some sort of adapter.

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Looks good.  Any particular reason why the PS1 games are spread out over the three shelves?  Is there a specific organization going on there, or is that just the best way to get them to fit?

Those aren't actually the PS1 shelves, I just set them their until their spot is built.  So I just tossed them up quick and dirty like that.  Those shelves are meant to hold my growing PS2, Cube, and longbox collections, future-proofed for size.  I may put xbox and 360 down there, depending on how things go.

Editorials Team · Posted
21 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

That's what I said when I bought 3 old movie rental store shelves that are 4 feet wide by 8 feet tall each.  "I'll never fill these up............"

This forces me to keep my collection a certain size.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself

Editorials Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

Are you still pursuing any sets?

Looks great by the way, shelves are so much nicer than my "game drawers"

No.  I'll grab missing NES games if the opportunity arises, but everything else is quality before quantity.  Or at least, focusing on the games I want the most.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Editorials Team · Posted

No work done in the last month because I've been working on Xmas presents for the kids:

Desks that have removable tops that have Duplo sheets on the flip side

IMG_20201121_151543_1.jpg

IMG_20201121_133806.jpg

Unfortunately hiding them from the kids means working on them in the boiler room.

Next I'm gonna build a Lego table for my oldest that has 7x3 sheets.  Hoping to crank most of it out this Friday.

Then I can go back to the shelving.  And after that I can start thinking about the family room.

• Like 6