IGNORED

Subscription Tiers

So I was taking a look at the subscriptions and I was wondering why not add a 1$ subscription tier? While it may not be much, I think more people would be willing to dish out a dollar as opposed to nothing or even 5$ for that matter. I know I personally would, an at that tier don't bother with charms or benefits. Just knowing I am lending a hand is good enough for those at that level. Even if it's only a dollar. It does add up when enough people hop on. Anyhow, just tossing it out there as I was looking to lend a hand but 5$ a month is a bit too much with the million other things I'm subscribed too.

Administrator · Posted

Oh no I was just kidding lol. I certainly don't agree with that chick in any way. 

I have no real issue with the idea of a $1 sub tier. It's not exactly hard to add (ignoring that we have custom art for each tier...).

I'd be curious to see though roughly how many people would actually jump onto a $1 tier, compared to how many would bump down from the $5 tier. Keeping in mind that losing a $5 guy requires 4 more $1 guys to replace.

Always open to suggestions, ideas, feedback, etc..

I get the thought, but honestly don't know that it's worth it, as most of the time payment processors end up eating most of that dollar in fees and such, with some even actually charging more than that, causing recipients to get nothing or even owe the processor when such low amounts come through.  Good thought, but not really practical, unfortunately.  You'd be better off signing up for a once a year $12 donation tier which would equate to roughly the same thing, but as Gloves pointed out, that might cause people to migrate from the next lowest tier, resulting in an unfortunate loss of funds for the site.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

You can also donate IIRC and not just sub to anything, i think they all go into the same fund if i remember gloves saying that...........so if you wanna donate anything then maybe, like a one time gift to server cost or whatever then look here!?    https://www.videogamesage.com/clients/donations/

also, when things get rolling on the shirts, i assume the pandemic slowed that, then order one of those as well and you could help that way and get something in return......may not be as much of a return on that, but if there is any at least you get something as well out of that!

Edit:  apparently, i just read, shirts are almost done on preorder, so not sure how that would work after that tho......... @Gloves or whomever is working on that, maybe @B.A. can answer questions on that!

Edited by Jeevan

Graphics Team · Posted
19 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's not exactly hard to add (ignoring that we have custom art for each tier...).

One dolla art for one dolla sub tier.

-CasualCart

276671229_VGS1DollaSubTier.png.554122a52e632375ce1ff6c5ebdf7064.png

*all in good fun haha - I'd still be too cheap for a dollar tier anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2020 at 9:54 PM, darkchylde28 said:

I get the thought, but honestly don't know that it's worth it, as most of the time payment processors end up eating most of that dollar in fees and such, with some even actually charging more than that, causing recipients to get nothing or even owe the processor when such low amounts come through.  Good thought, but not really practical, unfortunately.  You'd be better off signing up for a once a year $12 donation tier which would equate to roughly the same thing, but as Gloves pointed out, that might cause people to migrate from the next lowest tier, resulting in an unfortunate loss of funds for the site.

I like this^ idea. Just toss a 12$ "year's subscription" and then you wouldn't have to worry about taking any loss from said service. I just think something would be better then nothing... but it doesn't seem like this idea has much support. Guess I can just pick up a shirt or something. That way I get a cool shirt and the server gets a few bucks.

**Update** I just picked up a t-shirt. They are pretty cool.

Edited by PasseGaming
Updated
  • Like 1