IGNORED

Starfox Super Weekend Merch

So I just found out about the ugly, but cool, Starfox Super Weekend jacket given out to finalists in the Starfox Super Weekend competition. After doing some digging, I found out that there is more merch from the event. There were apparently Super Weekend branded pens, pins, shirts, the cart itself, and God knows what else. Does anyone know anything about these items or about the competition? I'm not looking to buy, but I am looking to find out more info and document it.

*ahem*

WELL, there's a ton of stuff out there.

The Pin, the prototype pin (which was used at CES the year before Star Fox launched), the T-Shirt, the Jacket, the letters from Nintendo saying you won the jacket, and the apology letter regarding late delivery of the jacket.

You have the store banner, the store banner attachment, the store standee (2 known to exist), then there's the radio ad, the apron, the store competition manager kit...

Then you have the scorecard, and of course the cartridge.

It's a really fun set to get into and I had a nearly complete set at one point which I traded for a Stadium Events cartridge. (well not JUST that, I also had the only known Star Fox parachute which was used during the literal launch of Star Fox SNES...they promoted the game with skydivers at various locations around the US!)

Then you have the 2 PAL carts, their scorecard, and their pin, and various other memorabilia. I think they even have a manual for theirs!

Also, there's the canadian memorabilia which still has very little info.

6 hours ago, DarkTone said:

That manual is my grail. Is there evidence of a second PAL version?

Never seen one or heard of one, but there might be! It’d be just as theoretical as an NWC gold manual / instruction sheet though.

6 hours ago, Jayfate91 said:

SWEET. I am further from my goal than I anticipated! I'm working on completing a set.  Thank you @ThePhleo for sharing your pics!! 🙂

No problem! I wish you luck, try to ignore the standee though. That and the parachute together were what got me a Stadium Events cart at “old peak” value. We valued it at $9k back then...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LaytToTheParty said:

Is that all Super Weekend stuff? Some of it, like the standee, seem to just be generic Star Fox

Except for the starfox parachute and die cast cars, it’s all Star Fox Weekend memorabilia.

The Standee is the NWC Gold of Star Fox Weekend memorabilia. Only two known to exist, one in what might be Star Fox’s biggest fan on the planet, and the other in a collection worthy of a museum. They aren’t ever moving.

Just now, LaytToTheParty said:

@ThePhleo do you mind telling me how much you paid for the standee with the writing on it? It's kinda nostalgic to see that "Last Day to Register!!" in sharpie. Makes me wish Ninty still did this kinda stuff.

I think it was $500? Same for the parachute.

I was paying "are you're crazy?" prices for Star Fox Weekend stuff way back whenever that was, so the stuff was actually coming to me instead of me having to look for it. $500 is pennies these days for that kind of stuff, but I guess it was a lot back then!

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I think it was $500? Same for the parachute.

I was paying "are you're crazy?" prices for Star Fox Weekend stuff way back whenever that was, so the stuff was actually coming to me instead of me having to look for it. $500 is pennies these days for that kind of stuff, but I guess it was a lot back then!

Haha. Still way more than I'd ever spend, but it is cool that you owned it for a time. Did you actually end up making money off of it? It's insane how much prices have spiked in the past 10 or so years.

Here’s some of the starfox and starwing items in my collection.

I was lucky enough to get this manual off a Nintendo Rep. 

I also got a New old stock Starwing certificate with the rules still attached to it. 

41A48EBF-C1FD-469C-83E9-7BF92012C41B.jpeg

7247D83E-2282-48F4-A9F5-DA2C0E239C86.jpeg

6BB7E671-0B15-4F52-90FB-F8320B9E6928.jpeg

1D66D492-9AC5-4B8E-AF22-A98F40977EAD.jpeg

4E223CC0-9CEF-4E0A-8B0C-A0FC3B71A0CC.jpeg

F1D9510A-BA4E-4961-AC6C-6C321AF371C1.jpeg

Edited by Ibrahim_faraj_uk
More pics
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, LaC said:

Here is a Super Star Fox Weekend dangler I don't think I've ever seen before.

icvL5Go.png

Whoa! Nope I never seen that one before and it’s definitely competition memorabilia!

Whered you get it? Also there should be a number on it somewhere, maybe the back?

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Whoa! Nope I never seen that one before and it’s definitely competition memorabilia!

Whered you get it? Also there should be a number on it somewhere, maybe the back?

I got it from a garage sale.  No model or part number on it. 

Any chance we can get a scan, or a photo of it in natural light so I can archive it?

The photo is good enough as-is for me to extract an archivable copy but the orange light throws off the colors. Also, there's some slight blur...lastly, if you get bored of it let me know if you want to move it. I'm restarting my Starfox Weekend collection again since I picked up the cart recently.

• 1 year later...