IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 6: Shmup Speed

Scrobins

Events Team · Posted
17 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

He's still got it! 👍

Thanks man, I was happy to learn it as well, hehe! I wanted to get closer to 200 though, I spoiled a few really good runs to break the 190 mark where I finish with something around 185-188 while having a major fuck up like losing the correct grip on my controller. But now that the contest is over I don't feel like retrying, you know.

I also wonder how a A button only contest would turn out, which would make more sense in a shmup context as I really don't think people play shoot em up games with both thumbs on the buttons. You usually reserve one for the direction pad, lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Thanks man, I was happy to learn it as well, hehe! I wanted to get closer to 200 though, I spoiled a few really good runs to break the 190 mark where I finish with something around 185-188 while having a major fuck up like losing the correct grip on my controller. But now that the contest is over I don't feel like retrying, you know.

I also wonder how a A button only contest would turn out, which would make more sense in a shmup context as I really don't think people play shoot em up games with both thumbs on the buttons. You usually reserve one for the direction pad, lol.

I figured you and @BriGuy82 were going to break 200 and compete for the win. I couldn't even break 175.

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
On 6/23/2020 at 12:22 AM, guillavoie said:

When I play shmups that allow for both buttons to be pressed like in ShmupSpeed, I usually have my one thumb covering both buttons and pressing both in turn; it works quite well for a burst fire effect.

Events Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

When I play shmups that allow for both buttons to be pressed like in ShmupSpeed, I usually have my one thumb covering both buttons and pressing both in turn; it works quite well for a burst fire effect.

Totally agree, smashing both in turn with one thumb in this context is effective.

• The topic was unpinned