IGNORED

Switch games

Tabonga

With the upcoming release of Brigandine: Legend of Runersia I decided to get a switch (with dock) later down the road and preordered the CE of this game.

While looking at some of the other games available I was surprised to see how many SRPGs and regular strategy games there are available on the platform.      

It also made me realize how this genre(s) has been neglected by every console (outside of computers).

1 hour ago, noiseredux said:

yeah there's some good stuff on Switch already.... XCOM 2 (this week I think?), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mario + Rabbids, not to mention ports of older games - the Shining Force games come to mind.

I am going to pick up the genesis collection down the road.  Also Langrisser 1 & 2.  

(Among others!)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Mario + Rabbids this week, and totally adoring it. I originally played it at launch, and thought it was "pretty good," but kind of drifted away from it after a few hours. Now playing it again w/ fresh eyes, I'm completely seeing the brilliance of this one. Highly recommended.

18 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

I've been playing Mario + Rabbids this week, and totally adoring it. I originally played it at launch, and thought it was "pretty good," but kind of drifted away from it after a few hours. Now playing it again w/ fresh eyes, I'm completely seeing the brilliance of this one. Highly recommended.

I have that on order - looked pretty good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just pre-ordered this today:

Turn based srpg with resource management.  And vampires. Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool to see this club here.  I preordered the Brigandine game coming to Switch and just got Dark Wizard for Sega CD. 

I am a huge fan of Advance Wars, Shining Force, Fire Emblem, and Milotary Madness / Nectaris.  Drone Tactics and Panzer Tactics on DS also were big time sinks for me.

I first cut my teeth on Strategy games with an old Mac game called Castles Seige and Conquest.  It was a great time and it took me many tries to eventually beat it (probably hasn't aged well).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Cool to see this club here.  I preordered the Brigandine game coming to Switch and just got Dark Wizard for Sega CD. 

I am a huge fan of Advance Wars, Shining Force, Fire Emblem, and Milotary Madness / Nectaris.  Drone Tactics and Panzer Tactics on DS also were big time sinks for me.

I first cut my teeth on Strategy games with an old Mac game called Castles Seige and Conquest.  It was a great time and it took me many tries to eventually beat it (probably hasn't aged well).

Glad to have you on board.   If you haven't played it Master of Monsters (Genesis) is pretty good. (Beware of the PS1 version - they butchered it beyond belief.  

Super Famicom Wars recently got an English repro - it has a neat feature called a rail gun - could have been implemented better but it is what it is.

If you get into Dark Wizard it is a black hole timewise -  there is so much to do and discover and you can replay it in a number of ways.

Heh - I am not sure if I have aged well..............................

On 5/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, noiseredux said:

yeah there's some good stuff on Switch already.... XCOM 2 (this week I think?), Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Mario + Rabbids, not to mention ports of older games - the Shining Force games come to mind.

I just got a copy of XCOM2 on sale at best buy (via ebay) for  $39.99 with free shipping.