IGNORED

Shirt Delivery

• 2 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

For those of you waiting........I received an email from paypal about my shirts shipping 🙂    

Can not friggin wait 🙂 

Thanks for making this a reality Staff!!

@B.A. @doner24 @Gloves @whoever I forgot, i just know i talked to these 3 specifically about it!  🙂 

Edit:  

also @CasualCart thanks for makin the sage 🙂  

and also, @LambBrainz you need to lobby for a first gen shirt 😉   this may eventually happen, idk

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted

I got every order finished up tonight and will drop off at the post office right away tomorrow. Don’t be alarmed to see your user name or VGS as the recipient. Thanks for you patience, future orders will ship within a day now assuming I’m not traveling somewhere!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 6/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, a3quit4s said:

Hats and hoodies please

We will branch out to more items eventually.  We need to recoup the initial costs of the shirts though.  We don't have infinite funds to drop into appeal stock unfortunately.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B.A. said:

We will branch out to more items eventually.  We need to recoup the initial costs of the shirts though.  We don't have infinite funds to drop into appeal stock unfortunately.   

I thought the apparel offering websites didn’t require upfront costs and only took a fee when someone ordered something. Ala https://www.spreadshop.com or teespring. Even if someone bought say a tee shirt for $20 hopefully $5-$10 of that could float right to the VGS expense account and no one had to do anything except upload the designs. No money laid out.

not my field of expertise **

Edited by a3quit4s

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I thought the apparel offering websites didn’t require upfront costs and only took a fee when someone ordered something. Ala https://www.spreadshop.com or teespring. Even if someone bought say a tee shirt for $20 hopefully $5-$10 of that could float right to the VGS expense account and no one had to do anything except upload the designs. No money laid out.

BA and doner can speak better to this than I as they're in charge of the apparel, but my understanding is that we've gone with a vendor that we (doner) know and trust makes good quality stuff. We went with a relatively large order to save money per shirt so we can pass that on to you all, while also funding the site a bit (I believe $20 shipped anywhere is pretty reasonable, considering shipping one shirt to me from the States would normally cost me, the buyer, $15 for shipping alone).

With a service like SpreadShop we're making commission on sales (generally 10-20% of revenue); that'd be like a dollar per shirt; our way the site gets much more money in the virtual coffer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

There are pluses and minuses.  Doing a quick look at spreadshop, the shirts are about double the price for similar quality, you pay for that simplicity and convenience.  We would either need to raise the prices a lot or make nothing off of them. 

Perhaps it could be an option for something we wouldn't expect to sell a lot of, and people might be willing to pay a little more.  Something to look into as I didn't know that type of thing was even an option.  We just researched the traditional method of placing a large upfront order. 

• Like 2

Moderator · Posted

It sounds like the vendor option was the best choice for a clearly higher demand item, and something that would be more desired should have those pluses you mentioned in terms of item quality and it’s ability to help the site. Maybe more specialty items would make sense for those commission-based sites, like hats and pins.

I’m holding out hope for the Casual Cart fashion line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1