IGNORED

Are there any decent Wavebird alternatives?

Some years ago I made the grave mistake of selling my Wavebird. And sadly, prices have only gone up since then. There's all sorts of aftermarket Wavebird clones, but I'm wondering if any of them are any good? I actually picked up some no-name brand GCN wireless controller a while back - it's white, and literally has no logo or brand name on it, so I have no idea what it is. It's... not good. The plastic feels super cheap and light, and the bigger issue is that the wireless dongle seems to only connect to the controller when it "feels like it." So anyway, yeah, are there any GCN wireless controllers that are easily accessible now (and cheaper than the going rate on a Wavebird) that are at least passable alternatives?

Sorry to not really give you an answer but I don't think so. My friend had a wireless one that wasn't a wavebird and it too was crap like the one you mention. Might have to save up and get a wavebird. Totally worth it imo. The wavebird is one of my favorite controllers ever made

2 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

@Makar yeah, the Wavebird is great. I'm not pleased with myself for the impulsive sell off. 😕

@Bearcat-Doug Thanks! I was looking at those, as they're cheap and on Amazon (still have some giftcard balance there), so I may look into one for the time being.

No problem! The local game shop sells them for $25 so that's not too bad if they work well.

1 minute ago, noiseredux said:

@Makar yeah, the Wavebird is great. I'm not pleased with myself for the impulsive sell off. 😕

@Bearcat-Doug Thanks! I was looking at those, as they're cheap and on Amazon (still have some giftcard balance there), so I may look into one for the time being.

It happens. I returned 2 copies of Solatorobo to GameStop years ago for $15...

There are some wavebirds for $60. Not too too bad actually

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 2:59 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Supposedly these aren't bad, but I haven't tried one out personally.

spacer.png

hey dudes, an update - I got this thing in the mail and... it's surprisingly not bad! To state the obvious, it's NOT a Wavebird. And it's $25. So set your expectations accordingly. But that said, it's got a surprisingly solid build, good weight to it, nice shape. It feels much more, I don't know - legit? - than the other cheapo knockoffs I've tried. If you want a Wavebird, obviously get a Wavebird. But if you want something GOOD for $25, this thing is worth it.

59 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

hey dudes, an update - I got this thing in the mail and... it's surprisingly not bad! To state the obvious, it's NOT a Wavebird. And it's $25. So set your expectations accordingly. But that said, it's got a surprisingly solid build, good weight to it, nice shape. It feels much more, I don't know - legit? - than the other cheapo knockoffs I've tried. If you want a Wavebird, obviously get a Wavebird. But if you want something GOOD for $25, this thing is worth it.

Good to know it worked out for you!

• Like 1