IGNORED

Gameboy Launch Console Variations

I can help some.

Blue guy there, that's an original 1989 model of the system, hardware inside should be flagged all/mostly DMG-01 inside the system and definitely out on the papers, box, etc.

Red kid though that's more like 1991-92 gameboy, model I think was around DMG-03 to -06 between hardware and papers.  This one had the later Tetris sticker which was more detailed with added style to the game title while the original was just a flat hard plain pink Tetris.

Gameboy has been kind of my go to thing since the N64 downturn and rise of the GBC in the later 90s so I try and get things and learn what I can.  I actually have two original package systems, those two, so I know what is inside and out are original to it as they both rest on my high shelf on display so I just pulled them down to inspect before writing.

I took pictures of them from the front in the past, included them for this post.  Top one is the earlier 90s model.  You can also make out the difference not just in the game stickers, but also the differing manuals from simple black & white to full color cover too.

gameboy-dmg-01-complete.thumb.jpg.3df66252b6ba304b5180e8dc3ddaa24e.jpgGameboy-DMG-01-1989.thumb.JPG.ba5e8c858e864775b3865e48fb833780.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blue sweater kid is the original. It also has green screenshots on the DMG (later prints had a more yellow/white look) and on the side you should see the older Gameboy accessories with pink backgrounds (including the really old carrying case with the big ugly snaps) instead of the later accessories with a clean white background (including the very cool fanny pack). 

Here's a first-print box that I snapped pictures of before selling: https://imgur.com/a/HhHnVG5

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Blue sweater kid is the original. It also has green screenshots on the DMG (later prints had a more yellow/white look) and on the side you should see the older Gameboy accessories with pink backgrounds (including the really old carrying case with the big ugly snaps) instead of the later accessories with a clean white background (including the very cool fanny pack). 

Here's a first-print box that I snapped pictures of before selling: https://imgur.com/a/HhHnVG5

Yup that's the one.  I just didn't take images of the box sides, but that really 80s awesome batman wannabe utility belt strap puch is there alright.