IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Puzznic

BeaIank

Just now, bertsampson said:

No loss of step, just a need to actually try again.

You couldn't beat me when I blew you out so bad in 2015 that I could have skipped the last two weeks and still won the title. This year maybe we will finally get to settle it, legend vs icon and see who's best.

49 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You couldn't beat me when I blew you out so bad in 2015 that I could have skipped the last two weeks and still won the title. This year maybe we will finally get to settle it, legend vs icon and see who's best.

Looking back, it appears that you blew your load in the second half of 2015 and really haven't been that much of a contender before or since.  Going against the best and losing looks to be your forte.

Mine on the other hand appears to be losing my mind.  I won the tournament in 2018 by beating Ninja Gaiden III for my first time, and then won again in the first VGS tournament in 2019 by maxing Balloon Trip, and (yes, by a very small margin) getting the high score in Balloon Fight.  So, that means when I win the tournament this year, I'll be retiring a threepeater.  How many tournament wins do you have?

2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Looking back, it appears that you blew your load in the second half of 2015 and really haven't been that much of a contender before or since.  Going against the best and losing looks to be your forte.

Mine on the other hand appears to be losing my mind.  I won the tournament in 2018 by beating Ninja Gaiden III for my first time, and then won again in the first VGS tournament in 2019 by maxing Balloon Trip, and (yes, by a very small margin) getting the high score in Balloon Fight.  So, that means when I win the tournament this year, I'll be retiring a threepeater.  How many tournament wins do you have?

I finished second to Tom in the 2013 tournament which is basically like finishing second to God. I beat you easy in 2015, but didn't get a chance to do it again in the tournament since there wasn't one that year. I won 4 of the 6 genre icons in 2015, so how many did you win again? You might be retiring, but it will be after losing to me again.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finished second to Tom in the 2013 tournament which is basically like finishing second to God. I beat you easy in 2015, but didn't get a chance to do it again in the tournament since there wasn't one that year. I won 4 of the 6 genre icons in 2015, so how many did you win again? You might be retiring, but it will be after losing to me again.

It seems you didn't even make it to round 3 in 2013.  Your idea of "second" is a nice thought, but not reality.  You beat me in 2015 because you went all in, and I met you about half way.  Genre Icons and overall points are swell little consolations, but winning the tournament separates the men from the boys.

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

It seems you didn't even make it to round 3 in 2013.  Your idea of "second" is a nice thought, but not reality.  You beat me in 2015 because you went all in, and I met you about half way.  Genre Icons and overall points are swell little consolations, but winning the tournament separates the men from the boys.

I finished second in the 2013 winter tournament before your time when there were two. I went all in 2015 and if you went half in, that explains why you weren't even close at the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

2018 was my one in a lifetime shot at winning one of these. im just not good enough to hang with the champs. i still steal a win here and there though.

You went and had kids and apparently feel that being a good parent means playing less video games...

• Like 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finished second in the 2013 winter tournament before your time when there were two. I went all in 2015 and if you went half in, that explains why you weren't even close at the end of the season. 

Well don't I have egg on my face...

Getting second on Life Force by an over 1 million point difference isn't too much to brag about either...

I wasn't even close?  Kinda like you aren't even close this year?

2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Well don't I have egg on my face...

Getting second on Life Force by an over 1 million point difference isn't too much to brag about either...

I wasn't even close?  Kinda like you aren't even close this year?

I'm sure you would have finished second to Tom too. I might not be close this year, but I said going in I would be part time. It's easy to say you went halfway in back in 2015 when you weren't even close to first place. I'm sure you will have another excuse when you don't have a championship after this season. 

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure you would have finished second to Tom too. I might not be close this year, but I said going in I would be part time. It's easy to say you went halfway in back in 2015 when you weren't even close to first place. I'm sure you will have another excuse when you don't have a championship after this season. 

You're probably right, but at least I would have put up a good score.  You beat me by 27 points in 2015.  I'm up 23 points right now.  At this rate, by the end you probably won't even make the tournament.

Just now, bertsampson said:

You're probably right, but at least I would have put up a good score.  You beat me by 27 points in 2015.  I'm up 23 points right now.  At this rate, by the end you probably won't even make the tournament.

Hopefully I get a chance to play in the Mario Bros contest and I have enough points to get a tournament spot, but if not, you're always welcome to go one on one.

1 hour ago, skinnygrinny said:

2018 was my one in a lifetime shot at winning one of these. im just not good enough to hang with the champs. i still steal a win here and there though.

I should've had third place or better. I reached the final bosses on one life and then choked. So sad.

At least I beat your score.

3 hours ago, bertsampson said:

He broke yoshi's cookie.  Dude's a puzzler.  My money is on him this week.

Yeah, I decided the best shot I have at winning something is the puzzle genre award. This is the first game of the competition that I actually started playing before Sunday (not that I really spent that long playing it). 

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak get in here, i think you would be good and give these boys a run for their money!!!!!!!!

aaaaAAAAAAGH BUT I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN THINGS HAVE ACTUAL STAKES, I CAN ONLY TAKE PARTICIPATING IN ONE EVENT THAT HAS LEGITIMATE STAKES AT A TIME LEST I SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST FROM ALL THE STRESS 😆