IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Puzznic

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Hello and WELCOME to another puzzling week of our beloved weekly contest!

This week, our competitors will exercise their brains trying to unfold the mysterious puzzles of Puzznic!!!
Here's the rules they will follow to secure their scores and try to get the Puzznic laurels:

• Play Puzznic Mode
  • Play until Game Over
  • You must start the game at level 1-1
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Puzzle

The contest ends Sunday, 05/31/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

“Nothing whets the intelligence more than a passionate suspicion, nothing develops all the faculties of an immature mind more than a trail running away into the dark.”, Zweig, Stefan - 1940

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 11,318,500
2nd bertsampson 7,007,200
3rd Splain 1,552,800
4th Jeevan 976,900
5th Kid Dracula 622,600
6th ninjistar 387,100
7th 8bitdontquit 331,500
8th mbd39 325,950
9th Bearcat-Doug 251,500
10th Gaia Gensouki 186,100
11th Ausden 89,350
12th JamesRobot 68,450
13th skinnygrinny 20,500
14th NESfiend 20,150

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I dunno. I don't really care for puzzles, but this is a fun game. I actually do okay at the arcade style puzzle games like this, Klax, Palamedes, etc.

Tetris is coming up! I'm hoping to win that week but some Tetris pros could appear and get huge scores.

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Tetris is coming up! I'm hoping to win that week but some Tetris pros could appear and get huge scores.

I'm probably going back to part time status for the rest of the season since most of the games I'm good at were in the first half, but actually I'm not too bad at Tetris. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm probably to go to part time status since most of the games I'm good at are in the first half, but I'm not too bad at Tetris. 

If you're already pretty good  then you should do okay. The thing about Tetris is that it takes A LOT of practice to get decent. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week. So there's a definite advantage for experienced players.

Just now, mbd39 said:

If you're already pretty good  then you should do okay. The thing about Tetris is that it takes A LOT of practice to get decent. It's not the kind of game that can be learned in a week. So there's a definite advantage for experienced players.

I used to play with a friend of mine from work that loved Tetris so I got pretty good. Not as good as the Tetris champions, but probably top 8 good.

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm hoping I get time for the Mario Bros. contest in two weeks. I've won all three of the black box game contests this season, so I might as well try to go 4 for 4.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

165200   Hopefully i can do better after i make some notes lol

976900  so close to a million 😞  o well, fun little game if you get the hang of it, if i had more time i woulda got that milly 🙂 

20200531_221034.thumb.jpg.fa7f38cf0bbe2d19a6b327a21e3d8e3b.jpg

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

i must say this game is pretty unforgiving when it comes to you fucking up lol, i hate restarting, but i am getting better at the early levels so they go a little quicker 😉 

It's a fun game, but the retries don't really help much if you're having trouble figuring out a puzzle.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's a fun game, but the retries don't really help much if you're having trouble figuring out a puzzle.

very true, very, very true lol

Edit:  only solace is that i can get some extra points if i remember the earlier levels correctly 🤣

Edited by Jeevan