IGNORED

im new my name is joel please welcome me

wow, i logged into NA today after barely visiting it twice a year for a while and saw all of the things going down! sorry i'd been so infrequent, but life pulls you where you need to be and not necessarily where you want to go.

my collection is still alive and kicking, and after 5 years of construction my "Beast's Castle Library" bookshelves will be done before the end of the year. Cant wait to install the rolling ladder!

shelves.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Those shelves are sick. How long until you need to do the other two walls 😉

My couch is too big to do the other two walls. So this is gonna have to be enough.  The entire NES, SNES, N64, and gamecube collections fit on 1.5 of the walls. The other half of that last wall will have books and other game memorabilia.  

32 minutes ago, Splain said:

Are you really doing a rolling ladder?

Yes! I'm getting a custom track made once the shelves are done. Its hard to tell from the photo, but thats a 12 foot ceiling. I cant reach the top shelves without a ladder

Editorials Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Ray Bot said:

Yes! I'm getting a custom track made once the shelves are done. Its hard to tell from the photo, but thats a 12 foot ceiling. I cant reach the top shelves without a ladder

No way, that's awesome! Just on one wall? or a curved track to reach both walls? I guess that might be tricky with the TV.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Splain said:

No way, that's awesome! Just on one wall? or a curved track to reach both walls? I guess that might be tricky with the TV.

Curved track! The track will be far enough from the shelves so that the angle of the ladder is sufficient to clear the tv stand. As it sits the tv only sticks out 3 inches farther than the shelves, but its getting replaced with an OLED screen when im done and that will take up even less depth. The tv stand only sticks out 8 inches farther than the shelves but it's so far down that the natural angle of the ladder will make it clear. 

The sharp TV will have to find another spot in my house though,  that coffee table is definitely in the way