IGNORED

NES game contents database and long term goals for databases

19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I'm with at @PasseGaming. Even knowing NAs was out of date and in need for an update, I found it really useful. Most rarity guides are too price dependent. NA did a really good job of grading without too much regard for price. It was a great reference as a buyer

Maybe in a general sense, but I always felt it was a moving target.

It also led to fights, believe it or not.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, ThePhleo said:

If you want a NES rarity guide then here’s my attempt at it.

I SHOULD update the pricing and finish the rest of the unlicensed stuff.

On 5/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, ThePhleo said:

If you want a NES rarity guide then here’s my attempt at it.

I SHOULD update the pricing and finish the rest of the unlicensed stuff.

Thanks - always love your lists. I haven't been on my laptop lately where I have them bookmarked. Why don't we just use this list for the site, at least to start. I remember reviewing when you first put it out there and I was really impressed. @ThePhleo could be at the helm and take feedback from everyone and edit accordingly. 

Edited by NESfiend

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my side: Functionality is basically nearly complete, however the frontend looks like it was built in 2000. (Big inspiration from bootgod for the style obviously.) I still need to work on user-based collections though which I've found to be difficult enough for me to put it last on my todo list..

This is the page for basically 'viewing all CIB releases (including variants)':
EaRqsZv.png

I have not actually added many inserts that I know came with certain games,but I did add it for a couple. In Asterix's case, when you hover over the "?" it says "There is much more one insert for this game; visit the game page for more information."
When you hover over the "?" next to the GBR cart for 10-Yard Fight, it says "There is an optional/alternative entry for this product; visit the game page for more information" - This is because there is a 3-screw and 5-screw variant for this cart, with absolutely no difference with the manual/box. The "view all carts" page lists both versions of the cart properly however.

Basically everything will have an individual page there too. Clicking on 'AUS', you'll search for all games released in Australia, clicking on 'Battletoads' you'll go to the page which lists everything about this releases (eeevvveeerrryyything....), clicking on box,manual,cart,insert,seal,distributor,etc. will show some page with the proper information too.

So if anybody is good with html/css and wants to collaborate, feel free to msg me.

Edited by Joshua Rogers

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 12:36 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

This sort of thing is easy for a game like DK Jr. Math that most likely only had a single print run so all cartridges will look the same, and all copies will have come with the same contents (notwithstanding the fact that a "sealed" DK Jr. Math probably can't exist as it was probably only sticker sealed, not wrapped).

Donkey Kong Jr. Math came in 3 confirmed variants:

• gloss sticker seal
  • shrinkwrap 1 code
  • shrinkwrap 2 code

2 other variants likely exist but have not yet been confirmed.