IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong

BeaIank

5 hours ago, TWarwick07 said:

🔥🔥🔥Hot Take 🔥🔥🔥

Jumping over fire balls on the rivet stage is one of the hardest things to do in NES gaming.....

Also why do the fireballs on that stage look different?? I prefer the ones on the first 2 stages

Thats one of the huge differences between NES and the arcade. Its not something you want to do consistently on the arcade, but isn't too hard to execute in a pinch. 

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I miss getting them to make fun of @Shane7951 during Ninja Gaiden contests and Bimmy during our head to head Double Dragon 2 challenge. I think Bimmy even used the girl holding up the "Bimmy isn't even a real name" sign as his avatar for a while.

I remember that! Wasn't it his girlfriend or something? hahaha

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

@skinnygrinny @Kid Dracula and @ninjistar have been quiet so far...

I've been working on some other gaming-related things (completing my N64 set, curating my NES set, further establishing my "new" game room). I've put in some rounds. It didn't go well last night though. I kept making stupid mistakes, so I called it quits for the night. I'll be jumping some barrels shortly!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Sounds like we need to see a thread filled with photos of this bad boy 

I haven't looked (or don't recall) if we have a 'show off' thread here yet. I've been posting pics like this to Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ninjistar). I've not posted anything yet with the current additions in progress. This is not nearly as epic as what I had originally planned for this house, but plans change. Someday I'll have a grandiose game room! I hope you enjoy the pics. 

• Like 1

Just had another L9 run with the worst barrel luck ever. I was at 280k at the start. I did somehow manage to accidentally pull off the ladder point glitch on the way to my normal ladder. So that was something at least.

Are you guys even bothering for the hammers on the barrels stage? I can't make up my mind if going straight to the ladder for the glitch would get more or less points. 

7 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Just had another L9 run with the worst barrel luck ever. I was at 280k at the start. I did somehow manage to accidentally pull off the ladder point glitch on the way to my normal ladder. So that was something at least.

Are you guys even bothering for the hammers on the barrels stage? I can't make up my mind if going straight to the ladder for the glitch would get more or less points. 

I don't bother with the hammers. I just try to get to the top ladder as fast as possible.

12 hours ago, TWarwick07 said:

Best game I played all week, worst barrel luck ever, this should have been a 400K score easily. Hardly got any barrels dropping down the ladder

From the sound of it, you probably could have beaten Tom's score with better luck. Hopefully you can break the 400k mark today and make a run at 500k before the contest is over.

16 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I haven't looked (or don't recall) if we have a 'show off' thread here yet. I've been posting pics like this to Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ninjistar). I've not posted anything yet with the current additions in progress. This is not nearly as epic as what I had originally planned for this house, but plans change. Someday I'll have a grandiose game room! I hope you enjoy the pics. 

Not sure how this isn't grandiose. The shelves are massive and well organized. Needs a little decoration, but you've done the hard part in collecting and organizing the games. All your left with is the fun/easy part of getting some stuff around it that is pleasing to the eye

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ninjistar said:

It looks like a NES library. Very cool!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Not sure how this isn't grandiose. The shelves are massive and well organized. Needs a little decoration, but you've done the hard part in collecting and organizing the games. All your left with is the fun/easy part of getting some stuff around it that is pleasing to the eye

It's not grandiose compared to what I had originally planned! It's okay, things happen. I still have a place to play Donkey Kong and geek out 😄 It's kind of decorated now. I'm still working on that part.  You can see my original set up here

19 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

It's not grandiose compared to what I had originally planned! It's okay, things happen. I still have a place to play Donkey Kong and geek out 😄 It's kind of decorated now. I'm still working on that part.  You can see my original set up here

That is a cooler setup, but I cringed really hard when I saw a power blade 2 with no box protector! Pre box protector days, I had all those higher end games in clam shells. 

I also have a cool place to play dk, but memorial day just didn't cooperate. Kept hoping for rain to force me back inside, but it wasn't in the cards. Was going to try to make a run toward 250,000 tonight, but im chasing a participation score at this point. Really impressive scores 

Edited by NESfiend