IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

🔥🔥🔥Hot Take 🔥🔥🔥

Jumping over fire balls on the rivet stage is one of the hardest things to do in NES gaming.....

Also why do the fireballs on that stage look different?? I prefer the ones on the first 2 stages

You need to put up at least a top 3 score this week. Being good at the black box games from playing them as a kid is the only advantage to being old!

• Thanks 1

True indeed Doug

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You need to put up at least a top 3 score this week. Being good at the black box games from playing them as a kid is the only advantage to being old!

True indeed Doug, I'm currently in second with 300K but I got that on my first run of the day, I'm stuck around 175 every try, seems  like now that I know how to jackpot the barrels they don't like to go down the ladder as often

Edited by TWarwick07

3 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

True indeed Doug

True indeed Doug, I'm currently in second with 300K but I got that on my first run of the day, I'm stuck around 175 every try, send like now that I know how to jackpot the barrels they don't like to go down the ladder as often

I think the best spot is the top right ladder. Obviously the best case scenario is to get to loop 9 and burn all of your lives jumping barrels and then finish out your run on the last one. If I didn't have good luck on the first three loops before the speed picks up, I'd just hit the reset button.

20 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

🔥🔥🔥Hot Take 🔥🔥🔥

Jumping over fire balls on the rivet stage is one of the hardest things to do in NES gaming.....

Also why do the fireballs on that stage look different?? I prefer the ones on the first 2 stages

I rarely try to jump the fireballs. In the event I'm stuck in a corner and have no choice, I wait until they are moving towards me and then try to jump. That's about the only sure way to jump them without landing on one.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

58 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

You need to be going for a low score contest on that corona, you need to get that down into the 30's ... And you can pass that but light my way

54 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think he's drinking the Corona so he can build up antibodies to the virus.

twar i love you man... but you cant have my bud light. lol

i only got the corona because the heiny tall boys were out 🙂 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I rarely try to jump the fireballs. In the event I'm stuck in a corner and have no choice, I wait until they are moving towards me and then try to jump. That's about the only sure way to jump them without landing on one.

The only way I can feel safe jumping them is if they are passing over a rivet , they don't seem to hesitate when that are passing over one and you can jump over them plus clear the rivet at the same time, I can almost never clear one on the girders. 

Just now, TWarwick07 said:

The only way I can feel safe jumping them is if they are passing over a rivet , they don't seem to hesitate when that are passing over one and you can jump over them plus clear the rivet at the same time, I can almost never clear one on the girders. 

Once they started moving, I don't think they turn around mid move. I rarely try to jump them unless I don't have an option.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That works for me. We just need to get @skinnygrinny to take us to the original Hooters in Clearwater. He needs to invite @gutsman004 too since apparently Texas is lacking in Hooters establishments.

I seem to recall some waitresses holding handwritten notes of encouragement a long time ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

I seem to recall some waitresses holding handwritten notes of encouragement a long time ago

Yeah, I miss getting them to make fun of @Shane7951 during Ninja Gaiden contests and Bimmy during our head to head Double Dragon 2 challenge. I think Bimmy even used the girl holding up the "Bimmy isn't even a real name" sign as his avatar for a while.

18 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

The good old days

Yeah. Hopefully Bimmy comes back and signs up over here someday so he can see the contests are still going strong. Even @rdrunner has played some this season! I'm Probably going to take some time off after this week, but it's great to see all of the contest legends that are still involved!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

440,400 (LA)

IMG_20200524_142705.thumb.jpg.7ada07d9820321091c2ea900a1f2f5bc.jpg

Finally got to level A. I only lost 1 life before L9 (in a stupid way too) so I had 2 extra lives to point press the L9 barrel stage. 

363,000 (L9)

I have no clue where this came from. Had two earlish deaths too 

166,000 (L5)

Didn't have a whole lot of time is week so just starting to play now. Luckily, this game came up a couple weeks ago during survivor, so I have one day's worth of experience. I got 108k then so already off to a good start. I had known about the barrel trick but couldn't get it to work (was trying to not move after going up a ladder). 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE