IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Donkey Kong

BeaIank

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

Long live the barrel trick haha. I'm stoked that I was able to help a few of you nail it down, too. This might be the furthest I can push my score, but I'm proud of myself and that's what counts!

-CasualCart

Great score, but you have two more days to push it to the limit!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Just now, Jeevan said:

Whelp, it has worked to my favor today that I can now try and best my score I posted before, so donkey kong here I come, you better run, and you better get dem barrels to go down that ladder for me 😉  

You've got a pretty good score going, man! Nice!

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted

Just for anyone who hasn't made it to or past level 4.........When you get to the spring in the second screen of each level, I find it easier to go beneath the platform, then wait and go up the ladder, i have gotten further thus far with it, not beating my score but i got a couple good runs in me yet, barrel rng not toooooo good for me, but i made it to L9 using that method instead of running for it from the start of the platform.  I didn't think I could do it, but i might get to A in the next couple runs!!!!!!!   🤞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Just for anyone who hasn't made it to or past level 4.........When you get to the spring in the second screen of each level, I find it easier to go beneath the platform, then wait and go up the ladder, i have gotten further thus far with it, not beating my score but i got a couple good runs in me yet, barrel rng not toooooo good for me, but i made it to L9 using that method instead of running for it from the start of the platform.  I didn't think I could do it, but i might get to A in the next couple runs!!!!!!!   🤞

Another tip is to watch where the springs appear. If they're not touching DK's foot it's safe to climb up the ladder. If the spring is over his foot at all, don't go because it will hit you as you're climbing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TWarwick07 said:

So now that we're know the barrel trick and the spring pattern let's have a about best patterns for the rivet stage

Go left to right and work your way up. You can use the hammers for extra points and to control where the fireballs appear. If you hit one, the replacement comes back on the opposite side of where you are so you can use that to your advantage.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Go left to right and work your way up. You can use the hammers for extra points and to control where the fireballs appear. If you hit one, the replacement comes back on the opposite side of where you are so you can use that to your advantage.

That seems to work best for me, I have heard you can do one side at a time but when I try that you can corner yourself against the fire balls if things go wrong

Just now, TWarwick07 said:

That seems to work best for me, I have heard you can do one side at a time but when I try that you can corner yourself against the fire balls if things go wrong

It seems to me that going left to right on each floor is the easiest and quickest strategy. Trying to clear each side seems like it would be tougher. The fireballs seem to hang out around the bottom right rivet, so that's another reason I like to knock each row out as I go up.