IGNORED

And the lucky buyer is....

Saw these on the FB market place about 1.5 hour drive from my house. They had only been listed for less then an hour so I sent a message and got no response. This was yesterday. Sent another message today and same thing. Just now theY were marked as sold. So needless to say I am not the lucky buyer. Someone out there scored pretty well. Better luck next.

7E9540F3-5B34-4AC9-A114-AB4FEBFD7EEB.png

4B942EF7-4860-4F6F-96AA-DA1DCBC8133D.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

Don't you hate that you have to see the listing on FB or on an app in under 5 minutes or it's gone?  Even 4 minutes is probably too long. 3 and under is ideal.

That's how I felt 2 nights ago when I got a pair of AGB 101s with a pile of games, showed posted all of 5min with a $55 asking price.  I couldn't type the response fast enough on my laptop, then didn't hear anything for almost an hour so I figured it was gone.  Thing is, you never know, so always ask.

2 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

Don't you hate that you have to see the listing on FB or on an app in under 5 minutes or it's gone?  Even 4 minutes is probably too long. 3 and under is ideal.

It’s crazy when selling though. If you give away garbage for free or have anything at a good price you can sell it in literally 5 minutes, assuming the person actually shows up. I stopped using Craigslist entirely.

4 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

That’s why I’ve stopped using online marketplaces. I know they have value, but I don’t think I’ve Been fast enough to score a good deal in a very long time. I don’t know if people are perusing it 24/7 or if they’re using bots to detect keywords but either way I don’t really have any desire to try and keep up anymore. I’m content buying from local stores, eBay, or other collectors. But I do miss that rush of a sweet deal from garage sales or online.

The last time I did any sort of deal on an online marketplace, I met with the guy after confirming I was going to buy X number of Atari carts. All of the cartridges I wanted were suddenly gone when we met up. I asked where they went and he said about half an hour before we met someone messaged him and offered more than his asking price so he took that offer. Without telling me. And then he got mad that I didn’t want any of the garbage commons he had left over. Wack.