IGNORED

Hi! I'm Apebit and I make chiptune music!

Hey guys! I'm pretty new around here but was a long-time NA poster. 

My music has been used by the Angry Video Game Nerd in his last few videos, so I'm hoping to use that to gain some momentum 🙂 

I'd love to work with developers and get more retro gamers interested in my music. 

Please check out and support here!:

apebit.bandcamp.com

and here the newest single off my upcoming album, Precipice: Stardust, which will be a dark, sci-fi sorta SNES-style album:

Your support is really appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Apebit

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

Oh wow, thanks so much! How did you hear about it, if you remember?

Yes somehow I remember. I was on Unsigned and Bandcamp and I was looking for new music, unknown music and unpublished music and was going from artist to artist and that's how I fell on your bandcamp. I remember because I liked the art and the concept behind Vision Of The Three, it literally a OST for a RPG and the art is just perfect and what I like is that it sounds like you did not overdone it. Playging Dragon Warrior III while listening to your music is a great mix 🙂  ... Did you made any physically release of this project ?

12 hours ago, OLDSKULL said:

Yes somehow I remember. I was on Unsigned and Bandcamp and I was looking for new music, unknown music and unpublished music and was going from artist to artist and that's how I fell on your bandcamp. I remember because I liked the art and the concept behind Vision Of The Three, it literally a OST for a RPG and the art is just perfect and what I like is that it sounds like you did not overdone it. Playging Dragon Warrior III while listening to your music is a great mix 🙂  ... Did you made any physically release of this project ?

Aww man, that's so cool. No I havent done any physical release. I've wondered if there is still a market for that/worth the trouble. 

Good morning @ApebitMusic 🙂 Yes in deed, the market is saturated and is not really there anymore. When you join the chiptunes clubs, if you did, you probably realized that you were in a ocean of music. Put resume: in the '50-'60 it was a ''Singles'' mentality then in the '70 it was the full album that was put in the front... and now with the dematerialization, we are going back to that ''Singles'' mentality. The cd, the album, the physical object itself  is becoming less important again and the people have a reduced attention span more than ever. There's so many music coming out everyday, nobody can follow for real... So yeah, I don't think there's the market for that anymore, but music that is not getting physically release will be totally lost at some point and the same goes with the movies so I still appreciate the format and many people still do, I still buy cd, I'm putting music out myself and at some point I'm gonna do some release, but I will simply be more carefull in choosing what I put out on cd, exemple, a compilation of the best of songs of many of my sub-projects. I would not be surprise if there's some compilation effort of some kind within the Chiptune Club to put out some independant music, let me know! I might have something to suggest you, but I want to think about it a little more before.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, OLDSKULL said:

Good morning @ApebitMusic 🙂 Yes in deed, the market is saturated and is not really there anymore. When you join the chiptunes clubs, if you did, you probably realized that you were in a ocean of music. Put resume: in the '50-'60 it was a ''Singles'' mentality then in the '70 it was the full album that was put in the front... and now with the dematerialization, we are going back to that ''Singles'' mentality. The cd, the album, the physical object itself  is becoming less important again and the people have a reduced attention span more than ever. There's so many music coming out everyday, nobody can follow for real... So yeah, I don't think there's the market for that anymore, but music that is not getting physically release will be totally lost at some point and the same goes with the movies so I still appreciate the format and many people still do, I still buy cd, I'm putting music out myself and at some point I'm gonna do some release, but I will simply be more carefull in choosing what I put out on cd, exemple, a compilation of the best of songs of many of my sub-projects. I would not be surprise if there's some compilation effort of some kind within the Chiptune Club to put out some independant music, let me know! I might have something to suggest you, but I want to think about it a little more before.

Good stuff, Oldskull! Lots of good points. A compilation release would be really cool, and would give a lot of the members something to focus on, as I agree, the market is just so oversaturated. I mean it's so "easy" to make music these days, that it's hard to cut through the noise (no pun intended) to the really talented artists. Of which, there are many, don't get me wrong. 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:54 PM, ApebitMusic said:

Good stuff, Oldskull! Lots of good points. A compilation release would be really cool, and would give a lot of the members something to focus on, as I agree, the market is just so oversaturated. I mean it's so "easy" to make music these days, that it's hard to cut through the noise (no pun intended) to the really talented artists. Of which, there are many, don't get me wrong. 

Good Morning @ApebitMusic I don't get you wrong, in fact I totally agree with you. Now that music got democratized, it's accessible to everybody. To listen and to make so yeah it's now ''easy'' to make music. From there people do they own things on a more personal level or do music to appeal to others... There's a lot of people with a lot of talent that get no recognization and there's talentless people that are popular and overestimed. I think it's not even about the talent anymore... You need contacts and a fair amount of luck too.

When I was talking about the '50 and the ''singles'' era, there was independent acts for sure(I dare imagine), but most music was produced by producers and ordered by different executives of by studios and they were the ones choosing the artists, they had a lot more of powers during that period. They really controlled the biggest part of the market and they were directing it with the trends.  A lot of them were probably only sharks but there was a lot of passionate people too that just want to make and put music out and this position was the ideal to build up a catalog of music they choosed because they loved it...Have you seen the movie HIGH FIDELITY?    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5 I really connect with John Cusack's character. He got half of my dreams... but I'm arriving late into the game, so the ambitions got put aside (don't feel like conquering the world) and I decided to follow the passion. I'm a musician, producer that decided putting his own music out on his own unpretentious music label and building up a catalog with my stuffs in the hope that I can gather more people and music projects into this label which I visualize more like a community. (Right now we are two.) More importantly, building up  a catalog of music that I love to talk about and promote like it was the musical center of my world. In a moment I will share 2 links with you regarding what I do. Honestly, I appreciate that you like the idea of a compilation of some sort. I think that I would appreciate to promote your music here in Montréal.

• 3 weeks later...