IGNORED

Last of Us Part 2 -- Leak, Crunch, et al.

No spoilers here.

That said, apparently things at Naughty Dog are not, shall we say, rosy. 

https://www.cbr.com/last-of-us-ii-big-leak-turning-point-developers-crunch/

Fans of the franchise who have seen the leaks have expressed their distaste all over the web, with much of the criticism aimed at the shocking, even upsetting plot twists that were revealed. However, the leaks have also shined a light on Naughty Dog's harmful work environment, as the leaker is rumored to be a disgruntled former employee who spoiled the unfinished game out of spite.

LoU2 is supposed to be released in about a month. We'll see if it's any good. I really enjoyed parts of the original Last of Us, but thought as a whole the game was very overrated. 

Last of Us Remasters was the reason I bought a PS4 Pro to experience  game in 4k / HDR.  I thoroughly enjoyed that game, I would even call it pretty epic in the way that it wove an amazing story and combat was satisfying.  Mix in the stealth and I was pretty addicted on that one from start to finish.

This is probably a must play for me even if it falls short of expectations based on the first.  Time will tell. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, a3quit4s said:

Playing it right now. Liking it so far. Got the collectors edition! 

edit: lots of cinematic so far. Like Last of Us 2 produced written directed programmed marketed by Hideo Kojima

A lot of people are saying "oh, this is an insult to those that loved the first game" well, I did NOT love the first game, so I really don't care about that. What I want to know is on its own merit, how is the game? 

33 minutes ago, avatar! said:

A lot of people are saying "oh, this is an insult to those that loved the first game" well, I did NOT love the first game, so I really don't care about that. What I want to know is on its own merit, how is the game? 

I played the first game but I didn’t finish it and I don’t remember a whole lot about it. 

I generally don’t like games like this where ammo is limited but I tried playing this one below the normal setting which I think is “light” or something like that and I have found it to be a better experience. Granted ammo and supplies are still limited and you need to scavenge every corner to make sure you are equipped. 

I like the skill tree progression and I’m not seeing any branches I would find useless although stealth combat is huge in this game so focusing on that branch made sense (you need to find magazines throughout the world that unlock certain branches as you only start with one)

The infected enemies are downright retarded most of the time but the human enemies with guns never miss which is annoying 

The story is pretty run of mill revenge plot and I haven’t yet made it to where you switch the playable character later in the game but I’m close. 

all in all it’s nothing you haven’t seen before but it’s gorgeous to look at and polished 7-8/10. If you aren’t dying to play it wait for a price drop. 

Edited by a3quit4s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...