IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@BriGuy82 i looked into getting a psa account and cant make sence of it lol (perhaps is sold out?) and have heard if i send cards now to excpect them next year? you know anything about it?

Beats me. I looked into sending a few things a year or two ago before things went bonkers. I have no idea what the lead times are now.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@BriGuy82 i looked into getting a psa account and cant make sence of it lol (perhaps is sold out?) and have heard if i send cards now to excpect them next year? you know anything about it?

silver is available, gold and platinum are sold out. the only benefit you get is a discount when you submit a minimum of 20 cards at a time, and they all have to fall in one of their categories (different years for sports cards but trading cards are all one category). 

otherwise you’re paying at least $50/card and who knows how long the turnaround time is. and you could be forced to pay more depending on the value. 

https://www.psacard.com/pricing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

silver is available, gold and platinum are sold out. the only benefit you get is a discount when you submit a minimum of 20 cards at a time, and they all have to fall in one of their categories (different years for sports cards but trading cards are all one category). 

otherwise you’re paying at least $50/card and who knows how long the turnaround time is. and you could be forced to pay more depending on the value. 

https://www.psacard.com/pricing

ok, thank you. is there some type of bulk submission as well? i thought i read you can get it down to like $12/per card at 100 cards?

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

ok, thank you. is there some type of bulk submission as well? i thought i read you can get it down to like $12/per card at 100 cards?

if you’re a member: 1972-2017, up to $199 value per card, min 20 cards. 

the one thing i can’t find are the turnaround times for club members. 

Edited by cromag27
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

I have a bunch of these, but none are of any value. If it's not PSA 10,its basically worthless, far as I can tell. 

This is pretty much it. Marvel cards are experiencing a PSA10 boom only because of the POP counts are extremely low, because no one cared about them (and arguably no one still cares about them). People are only in it to get the PSA10, flip them, then get out. pretty sad really. The current market is being driven by the sports cards collectors, and they are applying the same mechanics to that market, which doesn't really work because they are a mix b/w comics and cards (two separate hobbies).

I have a lot of these cards in complete sets, I love the masterpieces sets especially and their artwork. I used to collect these as a kid, and I bought into them again dirt cheap before the bubble, so still have many sealed boxes of this stuff.

I'll tell you this, once the PSA10 POP numbers adjust, and rest assured there is an unprecedented amount being graded at the moment, these prices will tank. The only thing keeping the bubble going is PSA's insane turnaround time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Amermoe said:

I'll tell you this, once the PSA10 POP numbers adjust, and rest assured there is an unprecedented amount being graded at the moment, these prices will tank. The only thing keeping the bubble going is PSA's insane turnaround time.

same is going to happen with the sports cards that are actually $1 cards. people paying $$$,$$$ for a slab because psa printed a "10" on a piece of paper.

• Like 1

So like what I saw of 100-150 on a non-graded 1990 Wolverine holo card being paid, give it like 6mo and it'll be back down like around $10 or something?  I've never been motivated enough to sell it for some reason.  I kind of wish I knew if I still had the rest out west as I had kept them in a plastic snap case for cards.  Likely they're gone though, some people like to just throw stuff out.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So like what I saw of 100-150 on a non-graded 1990 Wolverine holo card being paid, give it like 6mo and it'll be back down like around $10 or something?  I've never been motivated enough to sell it for some reason.  I kind of wish I knew if I still had the rest out west as I had kept them in a plastic snap case for cards.  Likely they're gone though, some people like to just throw stuff out.

If the card is raw and it in extremely good condition, it will have some value, but not the inflated price being paid right now. You have to remember that anyone looking for raw cards right now are not looking to keep in their collections, they are looking to grade them. So the first thing they will look for is the centering of the card, then the corners, then the surface and edges. 

The centering is the first priority because the printing quality back in the 1990s was atrocious. If your card is well centered, and has sharp corners, it will be valued. If you have a beat up copy of the card, I doubt you'll be able to even sell it. This goes for the rest of the Marvel cards. 

1 hour ago, Amermoe said:

If the card is raw and it in extremely good condition, it will have some value, but not the inflated price being paid right now. You have to remember that anyone looking for raw cards right now are not looking to keep in their collections, they are looking to grade them. So the first thing they will look for is the centering of the card, then the corners, then the surface and edges. 

The centering is the first priority because the printing quality back in the 1990s was atrocious. If your card is well centered, and has sharp corners, it will be valued. If you have a beat up copy of the card, I doubt you'll be able to even sell it. This goes for the rest of the Marvel cards. 

Well this is how it looks, any marks are due to crud on the plastic sleeve.

1990-MH4-WolverineHolo1.thumb.jpg.0dcd9342ef9a3e6052455245be9bffe0.jpg1990-MH4-WolverineHolo2.thumb.jpg.5e4016cdf0ecca14bb143fd3c6d5726b.jpg

44 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well this is how it looks, any marks are due to crud on the plastic sleeve.

The card looks to be in pretty good condition, but honestly you're likely looking at a PSA 8, or 9 at best if the surface and edges are in immaculate condition. The centering is what would hold it back, as you can see that it's off center left-right as well as top-down. In order to get a 10, all dimensions on four sides have to be equal.

But hey man, I think you have a good shot at a 9, which still holds some value. If I wanted to play the PSA game, I'd send it in. Just be careful of the wait times. It's a gamble, if you wait too long you might miss your chance, but if you want it right away, it'll cost you ~$200 on grading, which if you want to sell may not be worth the effort.

image.thumb.png.f891c486e120a2253b2d3ff32a668652.png

Edited by Amermoe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

same is going to happen with the sports cards that are actually $1 cards. people paying $$$,$$$ for a slab because psa printed a "10" on a piece of paper.

That's how it was 20 years ago. With the older pre 1970 cards, the difference in price between a 7 and 8 was quite a bit.

7 hours ago, Amermoe said:

The card looks to be in pretty good condition, but honestly you're likely looking at a PSA 8, or 9 at best if the surface and edges are in immaculate condition. The centering is what would hold it back, as you can see that it's off center left-right as well as top-down. In order to get a 10, all dimensions on four sides have to be equal.

But hey man, I think you have a good shot at a 9, which still holds some value. If I wanted to play the PSA game, I'd send it in. Just be careful of the wait times. It's a gamble, if you wait too long you might miss your chance, but if you want it right away, it'll cost you ~$200 on grading, which if you want to sell may not be worth the effort.

Oh I knew it as soon as I posted it given what you said a 10 was never in the picture as it was off center from the factory.  I mean really no I don't intend to grade it, and I wouldn't sell it to someone to grade it either as it's a ripoff and a loss.  If it would cost $200 to grade, and the card someone may pay $100-150 for it as it stands looking at other ebay sales, there's no value in it.  And even where it is now from what I saw unsealed/ungraded there being hyper inflated over where I couldn't even get $10 off it not that long ago, it's a bubble, it'll pop, so it's probably better just staying in my desk to look pretty when I want to stare at it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RH said:

But, but, but... it's a VGA 80?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17464724204

Yeah that surprised a bit.  There was a VGA 85 on eBay about a year ago that sat forever.  Started around $6k or so as a BIN, slowly dropped to $5k, maybe $4k, then $3k over the course of months.  Think I finally got the guy to take $2500ish for it even though I don't like Castlevania just because I knew it had to be bought there.  Not too shabby in a year I suppose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

bin price:

image.png.522323a114427dd239e30289ba0311d3.png

Edited by cromag27
added ebay bin screenshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we talk about (not sealed) gcn games for a moment? It seems like prices increased to crazy levels over the last one and half year. But here is one game with ridiculous prices: Mario Party 4.

According to price charting currently it goes for $90-ish cib (and this seems true for me, after browsing ebay). Three months ago it was $65-ish. Before 2020 it was $35-ish. This is the 7th best selling game on the gcn, and pal copies sell for less then half.

Market manipulation anybody?