IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Goal! Two

BeaIank

57 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

You all are WEAK!

I know, we'll never capture you and get that free trip to anywhere in North America... 😞  Or do you still do that Carmen Sandiego thing?  I mean I haven't seen it in your icon lately...and you did look really awesome in your CS outfit 😄 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Estil said:

I know, we'll never capture you and get that free trip to anywhere in North America... 😞  Or do you still do that Carmen Sandiego thing?  I mean I haven't seen it in your icon lately...and you did look really awesome in your CS outfit 😄 

Have you seen the Mario Kart 9 thread bud?

48D13789-CB46-40F8-8807-4C63A27C1273.jpeg

Edited by Murray
🐅 time
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Seeing the scores for tecmo bowl, I'll take a really hard game where everyone can compete over something like that. I assume there is some sort of glitch that can be exposed there. 99 points in that short of a game is ridiculous 

It's more about using the limited play options in the game to your advantage. Not really a glitch. 

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Murray said:

35 minutes ago, Estil said:

Have you seen the Mario Kart 9 thread bud?

48D13789-CB46-40F8-8807-4C63A27C1273.jpeg

Nah, this #1 Cat Dad mug having mafk only plays the Genny.  Too scared to throw up a score, worrying about what Nintendon't, when he should be worried about getting Carmen Sandiego sized boot in his ass for not participating when he's talking mad smack.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

5 (5-0)

IMG_20200514_014137.thumb.jpg.938e400ae04c0741c2c8c165da051e52.jpg

Another day, another goal

I should have never encouraged you to play the full season for the NES completions thread! You got way too good! Meanwhile, I played again last night and only got worse. Kidding aside, glad to see you reaping some benefits (besides the charm) from playing through that for us. You will be tough to beat this week. Hopefully Doug doesn't have some crazy score waiting to post on sunday

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I should have never encouraged you to play the full season for the NES completions thread! You got way too good! Meanwhile, I played again last night and only got worse. Kidding aside, glad to see you reaping some benefits (besides the charm) from playing through that for us. You will be tough to beat this week. Hopefully Doug doesn't have some crazy score waiting to post on sunday

I wish I could give this a few more tries, but I'm out of town without NES access and won't be back in time. 

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wish I could give this a few more tries, but I'm out of town without NES access and won't be back in time. 

Gotta travel like Beau Bridges and Christian Slater. Hook it up in the hotel. 

Score updated page 2. Have no idea how it happened. I couldn't get back to 2-0 last night. One game when I got home from work and it was like it was broken. 5-0 in the first half and 6-0 deep into second half. They hadn't had a shot on goal til the goal with 90 seconds left. Brutal, but I'll take it. Played 1st half of another game after and tied 1-1. 

bNOIax5.jpeg

Edited by NESfiend

2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Somehow managed to get 11-1 in a weird game. It was 6-0 two minutes in. Got to 9-0 by half. Nobody scored for the next 2.5 minutes until I let in a goal. Then finished off with 2 goals. 

This makes total sense. The second they got near my goal up 6-0, that ball was in there. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to score 2 in the first half all night. Im going to give it a few more go's on Saturday, but I dont see improvement realistically. I'd be really surprised if you didn't just sew up the week. 11-1 is unfathomable!

A little bit of soccer talk here... I'm certainly no soccer aficionado, but I don't recall that when being fouled by the opposing team (and a yellow card being issued) that you had to kick the ball from the spot of the foul?  It feels like I should be able to dribble the ball from here. I can't think of how else it would work because inbounding the ball wouldn't make sense, since the ball was never out of play. But for whatever reason, it doesn't feel natural to me to be required to kick. Maybe because I'm not accustomed to professional soccer as much as casual sports. Or perhaps it's because I'd normally see a yellow card given on a run to the goal and closer to the opponents goal (and perhaps a shot on goal was then attempted)? 🤔