IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Goal! Two

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!

It is TIME! TIME FOR SOME FOOTBALL!
Our impressive athletes will have to demonstrate high skills on controlling the ball and team tactics to WIN this week:
Without further ado, here are the rules they will follow for this week:

• Play 1P vs Com mode
  • Play with 5 minutes time, offside and fouls on
  • Goalie can be set to auto or manual, as per your preference
  • Pick any teams you want
  • Greatest differential between goals for (goals you scored) and goals against (goals you allowed) wins.  A positive score takes preference over a negative score (ex. A differential of 10 takes precedence over a score of -20.  Purposely losing to the computer by 20 goals does not give you a better differential than a person who beats the computer by 10 goals.  Positive scores take precedence over negative scores regardless of differential).
  • Ex: Brazil 3 x 1 Canada = score of 1
  • Ex: Canada 1 x 3 Brazil = score of -2
  • In the case of a tie, the tie break will be decided in the following way:
    • If two or more players score the same amount of goals and take the same amount of goals (ex, 3-0 and 3-0), they will be considered tied for the same position and will be awarded the same amount of points
    • If the final score of two players is the same (ex 3-0 and 4-1), the player with the least amount of goals taken will be considered the winner and will be awarded that position. The player with more goals taken will be demoted to the next lower position.
  • Participation: Play an entire game
  • GENRE: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 05/17/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"Someone said to me 'To you football is a matter of life or death!' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'." Shankly, William - 1981

567052238_SageGoal2GIF.gif.54c6fcd688ee5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1st Kid Dracula 25 (26-1)
2nd bertsampson 17 (17-0)
3rd 0xDEAFC0DE 14 (15-1)
4th Gaia Gensouki 10 (10-0)
5th NESfiend 9 (9-0)
6th ninjistar 5 (5-0)
7th Richardhead 5 (6-1)
8th dvertov 4 (4-0)
9th TWarwick07 3 (4-1)
10th Bearcat-Doug 2 (3-1)
11th NEET.dreams -3 (0-3)
11th Murray -3 (0-3)
13th Jeevan -4 (0-4)
13th Ausden -4 (0-4)
13th JamesRobot -4 (0-4)
16th SuperJimtendo -7 (0-7)

5 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I think I can get into this game. Super fun once you figure out the controls. 

Since you are liking it, worth mentioning that this game is the last sports game we need for the NES completions thread. We are down to about 60 games to go. If anyone hasn't contributed and wants to get a charm for participating, this would likely be the easiest game left that doesnt require a power pad.

Note: There are other sports games still on the list, but all require full seasons and we have members working each of them except Goal 2. If there is another one Im missing, I am sure @scaryice will correct me. 

Edit: Props to @0xDEAFC0DE for clearing it in no time!!

Edited by NESfiend

14 (15-1)

IMG_20200515_204326.thumb.jpg.aee5e022c61d354f95f6ea019670fc2d.jpg

11 (11-0)

Slight improvement. Still sucked the second half. I think it's because I can't judge the distance to steal when going down to score. 

10 (11-1)

🤷‍♂️

5 (5-0)

Another day, another goal

4 (4-0)

Slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of the controls. 

2 (4-2)

I still don't really understand the controls but managed to go 4-0 in the first half

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Okay so I'm American and am unfamiliar with how soccer works so forgive me but I have some questions. 

1. I noticed while flipping through channels that the goalies sometimes wear different color jerseys than the rest of the team. Is that why my goalie only kicked to the other team?

2. What does the other teams goalie look like? I never saw them once 

3. Why did my goalie walk up and bitch slap my own guy and steal the ball. Then kick it to the other team?

4. Is the field regulation size? Because that thing looked to be about 15 godzillas big when the camera zoomed out. 

2B07B20B-4590-4C23-814B-3D32443FF8D7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Decided to get one game in before bed and managed to get a 4-0. I'm steadily getting better but I still suck at stealing the ball. 

I can now confirm that the offside rule is somewhat functional. I swear I had been offsides many times without being called, but I finally actually got called on it this game (and I probably was going to score too). Maybe it's because I'm another American unfamiliar with how soccer works. 

53 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

1. I noticed while flipping through channels that the goalies sometimes wear different color jerseys than the rest of the team. Is that why my goalie only kicked to the other team?

2. What does the other teams goalie look like? I never saw them once 

3. Why did my goalie walk up and bitch slap my own guy and steal the ball. Then kick it to the other team?

4. Is the field regulation size? Because that thing looked to be about 15 godzillas big when the camera zoomed out. 

From one dumb American to another, this is what I've picked up so far. 

1. The goalie is a different color because he's "special". When the goalie has the ball, time stops and nobody can take to ball away from him. (Everyone probably gave up telling him he can't use his hands, but he doesn't break the game too bad since he's a mime stuck in a box). If you don't want him to kick it to the other team, press and hold Up+B. You'll kick the ball over half the field.

2. I would guess the different colored one standing by your opponents goal. 

3. That other guy deserved it. Remember the goalie is "special". He will take the ball at any opportunity he gets. But don't worry, if you treat him nicely he'll cooperate and give it to your team half the time instead. 

4. Probably, I know soccer fields are wider than football fields. These fields don't feel any shorter lengthwise than Tecmo Bowl.