IGNORED

WTTF: Black Label New Leaf Genesis Cart

RH

I'm looking for a Black Label Genesis cart. It doesn't matter if it has a game or not. I'd like one with a reasonably clean label.  I'm aware that these were used as rental carts, so I'm not looking for perfection, but better condition, better the price equivalent I may willing to trade.

I need to get a list together of stuff I now want to trade, but I'm deciding to unload 90-95% of my RPGs, which are a lot and mostly PS1 and SNES titles, and I also have MKR in excellent shape for the Saturb. Anyway, let me know if you might have one for trade. Send me any photos and details and let me know what you may want for a trade.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

I think Jone has one on the bay right now 

Yeah, he does. I reached out to him and I need to double back on that conversation. I just picked up the two Blue and Green label versions, and now I want a black New Leaf to complete the set. I remember these from my childhood. On the weekends I'd go to my Dad's, he'd rent my brother an I a Genesis and I recall occassionally getting these carts, so I am actually one of few with a personal tie to them, since I grew up in Columbia, SC.

Just now, RH said:

Yeah, he does. I reached out to him and I need to double back on that conversation. I just picked up the two Blue and Green label versions, and now I want a black New Leaf to complete the set. I remember these from my childhood. On the weekends I'd go to my Dad's, he'd rent my brother an I a Genesis and I recall occassionally getting these carts, so I am actually one of few with a personal tie to them, since I grew up in Columbia, SC.

They’re pretty neat, if I was more invested in Genesis it’s something I’d actively look for. 🙂 good luck on your hunt!

40 minutes ago, CMR said:

Is there any specific game you need, or are you just looking for any cart with the Genesis logo and the grid pattern?

I honestly have no clue what these boot up like with nothing on them. If I have a preferred game, it would definitely be a Sonic title. My brother and I 90% of the time wanted to rent Sonic 2, and as I mentioned, we would see these carts occasionally. I remember from NA, someone said they had a Sonic cart. If there's another one, I'd like to see if I could trade for it.

2 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

They’re pretty neat, if I was more invested in Genesis it’s something I’d actively look for. 🙂 good luck on your hunt!

Thanks! Genesis collecting is more of an aside collection for me, and I'm mostly in cheap but good titlea, or the games I enjoyed as a kid. Still, there's something to be enjoyed as a collector that both crosses that nostalgia itch and an important part of gaming collecting.

I could be wrong, but I think these are the first, legit examples of RAM carts in the US, meant for reprogramming (excluding EEPROMs for protos.)

1 minute ago, RH said:

Thanks! Genesis collecting is more of an aside collection for me, and I'm mostly in cheap but good titlea, or the games I enjoyed as a kid. Still, there's something to be enjoyed as a collector that both crosses that nostalgia itch and an important part of gaming collecting.

I could be wrong, but I think these are the first, legit examples of RAM carts in the US, meant for reprogramming (excluding EEPROMs for protos.)

I think you’re right about that. They touched on it briefly in the console wars book I read. 

I collect Genesis the same. I will buy stuff when I see it but i try and not buy anything not CIB. eBay makes it tough buying too, shipping always seems outrageous so I avoid online shipping for that unless it’s a more expensive title. 

I have the ecco new leaf for sale on eBay much cheaper than others. I also have an aladdin new leaf cart not listed.  Im only willing to trade for sega proto demo sample carts or cash. 

Also have some n64 and a snes proto if neone has genesis protos for trade PM me

49 minutes ago, Funkatron said:

I have the ecco new leaf for sale on eBay much cheaper than others. I also have an aladdin new leaf cart not listed.  Im only willing to trade for sega proto demo sample carts or cash. 

Also have some n64 and a snes proto if neone has genesis protos for trade PM me

Thanks. I don't have those but I'm PMing you in a minute. I don't have protos, but maybe we can work something out.