IGNORED

Anyone here worked on or personally knows anyone who helped develop an emulator?

RH

Obviously homebrewing is big for many old consoles and many of you are active devs on here. But I'm curious to know if any of you guys also worked on any of the emulators, current or old, that people have used. If so, which ones, what was your developer background at that point and other than playing games, what were your motivations?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, apparently I missed some notifications to posts I created.  @Ferris Bueller I'm not looking to get into emulator development, but I thought it'd be fun to have a general discussion about it.  I mean, what did people learn from the experience, looking back what would they have done differently if they started over... what's it like to have an emulator 75% complete that you release to the public for inspection and help (which I know use to happen in the early days and SourceForge was a thing before GitHub.)

I don't know, I just thought this would be a fun topic to discuss. I've never more than brushed shoulders with people who have built compilers or other low-level applications and that was professionally.  I'm interested in what it's been like actively building these complex apps just for fun.

• 2 months later...